The simFlight Network Forums

Elite controls

dw

I am unable to get the Elite propanel to work with fs2004. I have a registered copy of fsuipc and have downloaded the elite usb drivers. On the elite forum there are several other users with the same problem

Sorry, but I don't have anything to do with Elite or its panels. You need to talk to Elite support. They have never talked to me or asked me to support anything to do with any of their products. Why do you think FSUIPC or anything else I produce is in any way involved?

Please let me know if there's something which I can help with, but at present I cannot see what.

Some Elite products are actually made by PFC (http://www.flypfc.com), whose digital products I do effectively support through my "PFC.DLL" driver for FS, but I think all those supplied through Elite use their own proprietary protocol, not the PFC one supported in my driver.

Regards,

Pete

Elite requires that users of fs2004 use a registered version of your fsuipc. This what happens when it takes three products from different sources to make something work. Nobody is responsible when there is a problem

Elite requires that users of fs2004 use a registered version of your fsuipc.

Oh, right. I am not familiar with their products at all I'm afraid.

This what happens when it takes three products from different sources to make something work. Nobody is responsible when there is a problem

Well, I can look at and interpret logs from FSUIPC if you like, but I do not actually have any Elite devices nor do I know the least little thing about them.

They don't seem to need my support, but since they presumably wrote the driver to work with FSUIPC (or had it written?), they would know something about it. And why aren't they responsible?

Regards,

Pete