The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.40 - Disconnect Elevator trim for AP

The "Disconnect elevator trim for AP" function on FSUIPC 3.40 doesn't work when flying 767PIC. It only works while flying the default aircrafts.

Is there any workaround? I guess the problem may also occur with PMDG737...

If FSUIPC doesn't see the vertical modes being switched on in the AP, as in some of these sophisticated aircraft which do their own thing, then this automatic option cannot work.

One way would be to "park" your trim in a non-jitter zone so it doesn't feed any conflicting values -- axes only have an effect when their values change.

Another way is by programming a key or button to disconnect/reconnect the axis manually, in FSUIPC -- more below.

Ideally, of course, the panel itself should do this. I think the PMDG aircraft already do so, and also any Fly-by-Wire aircraft using FSUIPC to disconnect your axes from direct control. But the 767PIC predates this, and in any case it doesn't use FSUIPC.

The offset is 310A and the bit for elevator trim is bit 5 (value 32 or 0x20). Program a button or key for "Offset Byte Togglebits" offset x310a, parameter 32. Or you can have one to disconnect it and another to reconnect it -- Offset Byte SetBits and Offset Byte ClrBits, in the drop-down lists in FSUIPC.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete! Thanks for the prompt answer!

I tested the Offset x310a ToggleBit command, parameter x20. Everything seemed to work ok, but as the 767PIC AP starts to command the trim, it always reconnects itself the manually turned off trim axis...

Any more idea?

(at the present I'm using the trim wheel with a small "null zone" set, as you suggested)

Many thanks again,

Paulo.

I tested the Offset x310a ToggleBit command, parameter x20. Everything seemed to work ok, but as the 767PIC AP starts to command the trim, it always reconnects itself the manually turned off trim axis...

You did remember to UNCHECK the automatic option to disconnect on AP, didn't you? If not then that mechanism will reset the bit.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, this option was already unchecked. Evenso I tested all again, but the 767PIC AP reconnects the axis. Then I disconnect the axis (during flight) and after few seconds the AP reconnects it again.

One more info: with trim axis disconnected (on ground), AP turned off, when I rotate the wheel a little nothing occurs. But when I rotate it the full range forward and then the full range backward, the axis reconnects automatically. Funny, isn't it?

Thanks, regards.

Paulo.

Yes, this option was already unchecked. Evenso I tested all again, but the 767PIC AP reconnects the axis. Then I disconnect the axis (during flight) and after few seconds the AP reconnects it again.

Hmmm. It sounds like that aircraft model is intercepting these things and acting on them before FSUIPC does. I can't really do much about that.

Is there a DLL installed in the Modules folder by the aircraft? If so, you could try changing the InitDelay in FSUIPC, so it subclasses the main FS window (which processes all these inputs) after that mdule, so getting control before it. FSUIPC used to default to InitDelay=3000 but it's 0 in FS2004. Just put/change InitDelay=3000, or even higher, in the FSUIPC.INI [General] section before loading FS.

If the 767PIC does all this from a Gauge, then there's no chance I'm afraid. I think you'll just have to "park" your trim axis or fly a different aircraft.

One more info: with trim axis disconnected (on ground), AP turned off, when I rotate the wheel a little nothing occurs. But when I rotate it the full range forward and then the full range backward, the axis reconnects automatically. Funny, isn't it?

Well, I really don't know what it's doing. The 767PIC was designed for FS2000 or FS2002 wasn't it? Is there a new one coming out?

Regards,

Pete

Is there a DLL installed in the Modules folder by the aircraft?

No, there isn't any PIC DLL installed in the Modules folder. So I guess 767PIC really does it from a gauge. No problems, I'll keep flying with the trim wheel parked, as I've been doing.

The 767PIC was designed for FS2000 or FS2002 wasn't it? Is there a new one coming out?

Yes, you're right. 767PIC was designed for FS2000 and got an upgrade for FS2002. And I guess we'll have a new FS2004 version (by Level-D Simulations) soon. Let's see! :-)

Many thanks for all your attention. All the best!

Paulo.