The simFlight Network Forums

A/330-340 load edit

hi pete

in the a330-340 load edit you can assign keyboard shortcuts to comands by using the ctrl+shift+alt+win+menu+any other button,the combination with alt can't be used as it open the menu of fs.

so i dont use it, but when i assign the combinations with win or menu buttons i cant set it in fsuipc it only shows ctrl+shift+a, the win +menu does not .

what to do?

thank you pete.

but when i assign the combinations with win or menu buttons i cant set it in fsuipc it only shows ctrl+shift+a, the win +menu does not .

what to do?

Can't you use assignments containing different combinations of Ctrl, Shift and Tab, with a normal key, only? Surely there are enough?

Regards,

Pete

the key tab is not modeled in this load edit so i dont have lots of options .

Oh, how odd -- but they use the Windows and 'Menu' keys? What is this 'Menu' key, please? I've not got one, at least not labelled as such. The Windows virtual keyname "VK_MENU" is actually the Alt key.

I'm not sure if I can easily get hold of the Windows key -- I'm only processing normal Windows keyboard messages. I can check though. Doesn't it stop its use to get the Start stuff opened?

[LATER]

Okay. There are two "Windows" keys (LWIN and RWIN) and they are usable provided Shift or Control is pressed and held first. I could treat them both the same, as your "Win" key. I have another key, to the right of the right-hand Windows key, with a little menu drawn on it. Is that your "menu" key? If gives a Windows keycode of VK_APPS (0x5D), so I could use that. Is that the one you mean? If so, is it well known as the "menu" key? I must admit to never having even noticed it before, let alone pressed it!

Regards,

Pete