The simFlight Network Forums

throttle reverse calibration

Hi

I have a ms sidewinder standard joy stick with no detente for idle or a reverse capability but would like to map the throttle so that it will activate reverse thrust ive read all the user guides for fsuipc latest version have managed to get the idle mapped using set in the joystic section of the module but cannot get reverse to work please tell me how i can achieve this on page 7 mixtue and rev section tried for jets only enable but the throttle movements had no effect on the readings here

or is this simply not possible with this kind of joystock?

thanks

Kavan

have managed to get the idle mapped using set in the joystic section of the module but cannot get reverse to work please tell me how i can achieve this on page 7 mixtue and rev section

You are mixing up two completely different ways of dealing with reverse. The reverser on page 7 is for a completely separate axis acting only as a reverser, it is nothing to do with calibrating a reverse zone on your main throttle lever.

In the main throttle section on page 1, check the option to "map to 4 throttles". If you've calibrated there already you'll need to press "Reset" first to undo that.

Now go to page 3 and calibrate throttle 1 with a reverse zone, an idle area and the forward thrust area. Follow the steps in the documentation.

Regards,

Pete