The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with FSUIPC 3.40

Hello from a new member. I purchased FSUIPC 3.40 in July and installed to my FS04; worked fine. Since then I have deleted/reinstalled FS04 with the Msoft patch. Next installed upgraded Active Cam 04, my licensed copies of Ultimate Traffic and USARoads. When I tried to install my copy of FSUIPC 3.40, I got the message about my version of FS04 not being correct, and the module wouldn't work. What do I do to fix it? Thanks. :?:

Hello from a new member. I purchased FSUIPC 3.40 in July and installed to my FS04; worked fine.

First, you do not purchase specific versions of FSUIPC. Your purchase is for any version 3.xxx.

Second, you are certainly mistaken, because version 3.40 was not released until this month! It was released to coincide with the FS9.1 update, as changes had to be made to deal with the revised simulator.

Since then I have deleted/reinstalled FS04 with the Msoft patch. Next installed upgraded Active Cam 04, my licensed copies of Ultimate Traffic and USARoads. When I tried to install my copy of FSUIPC 3.40, I got the message about my version of FS04 not being correct, and the module wouldn't work. What do I do to fix it?

You need version 3.40 (or later -- version 3.41 is due soon). If you got FSUIPC in July that will be version 3.30 at best. As Microsoft said on their update site AND in their READ ME, you need to update to 3.40.

To check the version of any of my programs or modules, simply right-click on it and select Properties then Version.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete; you're right; I don't have 3.40. How do I go about updating, and will my original purchase key carry over?

Just download the ZIP from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson, and copy the DLL out of the ZIP into your FS modules folder. That's it.

As I said, your registration covers all FSUIPC 3.xxx versions. You would only need to re-enter the details if you deleted your FSUIPC.KEY file, or re-installed Windows, or moved to another PC.

Regards,

Pete