The simFlight Network Forums

Using only getlatitude and getlongitude with non registred v

Hi,

I've installed the 9.1 patch, and now I cannot load the old FSUIPC version, that causes a loading display message, but still enable fsuipc in fs, only for use with others software to get latitude and longitude of plane in fs.

Now the message directly disable fsuipc, so I have to install the 3.40 version, but I cannot get latitude and longitude of the plane, I've got a message telling that I cannot use this function with this version !

only for getting latiitude and longitude I have to buy a full version ?

thanks

I've installed the 9.1 patch, and now I cannot load the old FSUIPC version, that causes a loading display message

Yes, of course -- the code in FS9.1 is not the same as in FS9.0, it is in effect a different version. If the FS9.0 version of FSUIPC was allowed to run inside FS9.0 it would crash the system at worst, and certainly not be able to work as intended at best.

Now the message directly disable fsuipc, so I have to install the 3.40 version, but I cannot get latitude and longitude of the plane, I've got a message telling that I cannot use this function with this version !

There are no such messages in FSUIPC. You must be thinking of something else entirely. What exactly is the message and what is producing it where?

The changes from version 3.30 of FSUIPC to 3.40 are all listed in the History document and in detail in the Release Notes at the top of this forum. There are no others.

only for getting latiitude and longitude I have to buy a full version ?

How are you trying to get the Latitude and Longitude? If you just want to see it, FS has the function built in -- try Shift+Z. If you mean to read the position via the FSUIPC IPC interface, there is absolutely no difference whatsoever between any previous version of FSUIPC 3 and version 3.40 in reading such data by accredited programs. None at all. Try FSInterrogate and see!

If you want more help, can you please be rather more explicit as to what you are talking about - programming? Another program? What?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

thank you for reply.

I use it for programming terrain textures.

In the fs9 version, I was using a fs2002 version of fsuipc, and a fsuipc.dll=1 in the [OLDMODULES] section of fs9.cfg, to avoid displaying error message while fs runs. So fsuipc was working fine throught the programming interface, to give me the longitude and latitude. but now fs9.1 do not load the module so I cannot use it anymore.

I know it is not a normal use of the dll, and it is not very commercial :wink: but it works and it's not forgiven. so my question is : is it the only way to buy the latest fsuipc version ?

In the fs9 version, I was using a fs2002 version of fsuipc, and a fsuipc.dll=1 in the [OLDMODULES] section of fs9.cfg, to avoid displaying error message while fs runs. So fsuipc was working fine throught the programming interface

If you mean version 2.xxx then your FS2004 system would have been pretty unstable. FSUIPC makes lots of calls and access directly into FS code internals, and any one of those can cause a crash. If you haven't been experiencing any you have certainly been extremely lucky!!

Furthermore, I know of nothing changed in FS9.1 which would make you more or less lucky!

I know it is not a normal use of the dll, and it is not very commercial

It is nothing to do with that. About 50% of all the code in FSUIPC had to be re-written over a 6 month period just to get it working at all in FS2004.

is it the only way to buy the latest fsuipc version ?

I think in view of your misdemeanours it is! :wink:

But you should also download the FSUIPC SDK and read the Access Registration document. Possibly look at the freeware keys sticky near the top of this forum. I would obviously be a bit reluctant to grant you any sort of free access after this, but I am open to persuasion, assuming you are producing freeware useful to others and will make it available as such. If it is for purely personal use it doesn't count as "ware" at all really.

Anyway, I think, if you really take a good look at the SDK, and at the user facilities FSUIPC offers, you will come to the conclusion that it is money well spent.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

thank you for reply.

I've found ! I only declared fsuipc.dll in oldmodules section and all works fine. no crash ! the fs2002 version do not cause problems in fs9.

I do not need freeware key, because this use of fsuipc is only for personnal scenery of my region, because I use a software that requires fsuipc, and it's only for getting latitude and longitude.

for software distribution, I tried 4 month ago to contact you about fsuipc distribution in a commercial product, but you do not understand me for 3 times and you've not been able to explain exactly how it works. I don't mean about the technical solution explained in the sdk, but about the commercial conditions and redistribution. So I put my project in stand by, waiting for a solution. but never mind, when I'll work on it the next time I hope I'll be more understandable :-)

thank you

Laurent

I've found ! I only declared fsuipc.dll in oldmodules section and all works fine. no crash ! the fs2002 version do not cause problems in fs9.

Well you are very lucky. I wouldn't trust it for a decent flight. Don't ever come to me with any problems if you are doing that. I don't want to know.

I tried 4 month ago to contact you about fsuipc distribution in a commercial product, but you do not understand me for 3 times and you've not been able to explain exactly how it works. I don't mean about the technical solution explained in the sdk, but about the commercial conditions and redistribution.

There are no conditions on re-distribution, there never have been. What conditions would you like imposed?

If by "commercial conditions" you mean terms of payments for license, then my case is stated perfectly clearly in Section 4 of the Access Registration document. I am very amenable to all fair agreements and have not yet been known to have any disagreement with anyone on any arrangement. There's no complications about how things "work" it is plain and simple, everything is in the open. If you cannot accept something so gentlemanly and easy to comprehend, then I don't understand you, that's for sure. :cry:

Regards,

Pete

hi,

it's true for fsuipc 2002 version ! It's not for a real and long fly, but only for some seconds, just time enough to get object coords, leave fs, compile and reload... and so on...

so it's ok about redistribution, I was certain of a requested arrangment for commercial products, but I was wrong ! so I'll try to read carrefully the redistribution licence, and I'll plan to finalize my product with the fsuipc interface. nice !

bests