The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG-PM-CPFLIGHT MCP Issues

Hello!!

I have browsed the forums of various sites for several days now without any luck.

Here is my setup:

Comp 1

FS server

MCP Hardware

Comp 2

Project magenta MCP

Project magenta CDU

Project magenta GC

Cant get MCP hardware to work with FS 2004 together with Project magentas software.

Seperately they work perfect

1. I tried running FS and MCP hardware together with fs_com it works fine.

2. If i add PM into the loop via WIDEFS it overides the MCP hardware commands and i cant use the MCP hardware module.

Now i tried different solutions:

1. Running MCP software instead of FS_COM

2. Tried running all programs on same computer

3. Copied the key commands from PMDG into the mcp folder etc.

4. Have patch 5 and enabled.

CPFLIGHT MCP works with Project magenta on same comp with mcp software enabled, but cant communicate with FS comp. If CPFLIGHT MCP is installed on FS comp it communicates fine with FSm but not PM software

Hope someone can help

Sincerely

Lars

Cant get MCP hardware to work with FS 2004 together with Project magentas software.

I don't know the CPFlight stuff at all, but there are plenty of users with this and PM over in the PM Newsgroup. I suggest that's the best place to get advice. I know PM's MCP program drives the MCP hardware directly -- Enrico knows the CPFlight stuff and is a fan I believe.

CPFLIGHT MCP works with Project magenta on same comp with mcp software enabled, but cant communicate with FS comp. If CPFLIGHT MCP is installed on FS comp it communicates fine with FSm but not PM software

I don't think you can use both together. Why would you want to?

Also, if you are using the PMDG aircraft, for PM's MCP to be used with it you either have to fly PMDG with no part of their panel (which is what I do), or do some patching -- there are packages explaining all this on the PM downloads site.

Hope someone can help

Go over to the PM Newsgroup. That's by far the best place. Loads of folks do what you want to do there.

Regards,

Pete

I don't think you can use both together. Why would you want to?

What i ment here was that CPFLIGHT MCP does not communicate with PMs GC and CDU when running FS_COM.

And if i run CPFLIGHT MCP with PMs MCP software it works OK, but no communication to FS.

I just tried with the basic 737-400 classic and everything works fine there.

Ill try on the PM forums, thx alot for Your reply Mr Dowson.

I just tried with the basic 737-400 classic and everything works fine there.

Aha! In that case the problem is that the PMDG autopilot uses virtually none of the default FS autopilot, and does not co-operate with PM's MCP at all because PM has no way of controlling it. This actually applies to several of the advanced cockpit add-ons, but PMDG are most especially "different".

You will need to modify the installed PMDG aircraft as specified in the PM downloads site. Look down the updates page, bottom right I think.

Regards,

Pete

Ok i updated my pmdg files with the SU3 mod, followed .txt instructions,but still no response to flightsim from PM

If anyone have a solution, it would help alot

Not sure what the "SU3" mod is. I use the PMDG 700 with PM, but I use no panel whatsoever.

Have you tried the PM NewsGroup? It is full of folks who have experience of this. This really is a less likely place to get such help.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks alot for help Pete. I have fixed the problem. It turned out the SU3 mod file was damaged, so i combined step 1 from SU2 mod with the SU3 step 2 mod, and got it to work now.

Glad you got it sorted out. Do you think you could upload a corrected package for Enrico? Send it to enrico@schiratti.com.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...