The simFlight Network Forums

Network problems

I use WideFS over a network, and have for some time now, with project magenta.

I updated flight sim and FSUIPC, but have suddenly developed a slowdown in my network connection on my main flightsim computer.

I noticed on the Projectmagenta newsgroup that there is a thread discussing a network problem, but the newsgroup server appears to be down, so I cant read the threads to see if it's similar to my problem.

Does anyone know if a problem has been created from the update and FSUIPC that cause a network problem on the WideFS server??

The other three computers i have networked for FS and PM appear to function fine, as far as accessing the Net and each other, but the main computer suddenly has a problem to the point where I can hardly get pagews to load, and even the simple act of trasnferring a file from one computer to the other takes forever....

Any help???

Thanks in advance

John White

newburgh, IN

Does anyone know if a problem has been created from the update and FSUIPC that cause a network problem on the WideFS server??

No, sorry. The threads on the PM newgroup were about things like conflicting IRQs on video and network cards, and experiments with IPX/SPX using the Beta version of WideFS I supplied in the group.

There's always someone with some Network problem. I'm afraid it's that sort of area. I tend to rely on Katy Pluta helping me out when I run into difficulties.

The other three computers i have networked for FS and PM appear to function fine, as far as accessing the Net and each other, but the main computer suddenly has a problem to the point where I can hardly get pagews to load, and even the simple act of trasnferring a file from one computer to the other takes forever....

Ah .. this is a general network problem on that PC, not one related specifically to FS or WideFS, then?

I would recommend seeking help from Katy, either directly via the PM support email, or in the FS2004 Forum. My approach would be to try swapping out network adapters, cables, trying different sockets on the hub or switch, comparing all the parameters I could between the assorted PCs. and so on. in other words tral and error.

I have had two bad network cards in the last few years, but none for a while. Touch wood. :wink:

Regards,

Pete