The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 ERROR: Gauge software incompatible

Win 98, FSUIPC 3.40, fs9 and 9.1 update inatalled.

Running fs9 with mr-fs9caiset.gau, mr-asw28.gau, and mr-yawstring.gau causes "incompatible software" error and the system to lock-up.

I've never heard of those gauges. I don't think they use FSUIPC at all in any case.

What exactly is this "incompatible software" error? Is that a message box just saying that? I can't say I've seen one of those -- there is a message box which warns you of incompatible modules and gives the option to load or not load. Is this the one? If so, and you are selecting the option to ignore the error and continue, then it seems likely that those Gauges are, indeed, incompatible. Best not to load them in that case.

With such similar names I take it they are from the same author, so if you really need to use them I guess the best thing to do would be to report the problem to him and see what he says.

Regards,

Pete