The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.411 doesn't work properly!

After installing FSUIPC 3.411 I have some major problems with two of my add-ons which doesn't seem to work anymore.

- Random Failure by Frederi Bilhaut cannot connect to the new fsuipc module. It keeps telling me that there is a problem connecting or that the new FSUIPC module isn't FSUIPC

- Secondly FS Metar doesn't seem to connect properly too. Or at least is not able anymore the give on screen meteorological information anymore.

After I downgraded back to version 3.4.0.0 everything seems to work fine again. When reinstalling 3.4.1.1. the problem is back.

So for now i downgraded back to 3.4.0.0 until the problems mentioned above are being solved.

Regards,

Greg.

I may have had a similar problem using FSUIPC (an unregistered version since I only use the MRAI traffic board and don't need all the features). After the upgrade the program no longer detects aircraft within any radius (up to 128nm) and the board remains blank as a result.

I'd just done an upgrade to my AI traffic too, and typically there will be over 200 aircraft in the AI system at any time, so I wondered whether it might be that some critical level of "targets" had been exceeded either in the sim, FSUIPC or the MRAI Traffic Board. However if I used the sliders to reduce the AI density the problem remained, even on 1%. I can use the toolbox that comes with FS9 to check the traffic - it was a big AI upgrade (another 600,000 sectors) and I usually use the MRAI board to see how the system is behaving without having to switch windows.

I'll check the logs to see if there is anything untoward, and if I see anything I'll post it.

I may have had a similar problem using FSUIPC (an unregistered version since I only use the MRAI traffic board and don't need all the features). After the upgrade the program no longer detects aircraft within any radius (up to 128nm) and the board remains blank as a result.

In your case the "upgrade" being to FSUIPC 3.411? Or something else?

There's been absolutely no change to the AI tables FSUIPC supports. Check with TrafficLook, for example (the test program for traffic which comes with FSUIPC). It works fine.

I doubt that it's anything like a similar problem. So far, since 3.411 has been released, there have been four reports here of problems which seem to me like registration inaccuracies -- i.e. apparently registered versions using an incorrect key. I've asked in all four instances for details to be forwarded to me so I can check this out, but so far none have been forthcoming. I'm not naturally suspicious but it does seem a little odd. I'd like to resolve the questions which are posted, but if the poster doesn't supply the details, for whatever reason, I can't really do much.

I'd just done an upgrade to my AI traffic too, and typically there will be over 200 aircraft in the AI system at any time, so I wondered whether it might be that some critical level of "targets" had been exceeded either in the sim, FSUIPC or the MRAI Traffic Board.

There's no "critical" level in FSUIPC. It shows the nearest 96 -- if there are more than 96 the others are simply not included in the tables.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter -

I checked the logs and FSUIPC was quite happy with the MRAI Trafficboard's attempt to connect with it. Even so, no traffic info was being captured. I tried to revert to an earlier version of FSUIPC but, because I have the Flight Simulator patch, that wasn't possible.

What I'd not done was upgrade the Trafficboard to version 2.1 from 2.0 - I'd already d/l-ed the latest version of the Trafficboard but hadn't installed it. Once I'd done that, everything started to appear once again.

I expect the Trafficboard V2.0 had the problem - since all three elements in the equation, FS9.1, FSUIPC and the MRAI Board have had recent changes it may difficult to figure precisely why. The upgrade of the Trafficboard from 2.0 to 2.1 doesn't appear to have addressed this issue (not according to the modification history), but either way it appears to have fixed it, which I suppose means I'm the only person who noticed. Either way the problem seems to have quietly slipped away.

I expect the Trafficboard V2.0 had the problem - since all three elements in the equation, FS9.1, FSUIPC and the MRAI Board have had recent changes it may difficult to figure precisely why.

This is why I supply TrafficLook inside the FSUIPC package, so you can check FS9.1 and FSUIPC at least. Any other traffic program, whether a display program or simple TCAS gauge, will be getting the information in exactly the same way as TrafficLook if it uses FSUIPC.

Either way the problem seems to have quietly slipped away.

Okay. That's all right then. However, I am still rather confused -- the correct version of TrafficBoard for FS2004 is 3. At least that's the version I have. How is it you are still using version 2 in any case? Or are there two different programs both called "TrafficBoard" (mine is by Josef Dirnberger).

[Later] Looking back in the thread I see you were referring to "MRAI TrafficBoard". What is the "MRAI" bit?

Regards,

Pete

Yes Peter seems like I am having similar problems. My problems are with an interface AP with helocoptors. It was working fine until I put the new version in. I would like to download the older version and see if this corrects the problem. Can you tell me where I can get this? When I bring up the AP it is just dead.

Yes Peter seems like I am having similar problems. My problems are with an interface AP with helocoptors. It was working fine until I put the new version in. I would like to download the older version and see if this corrects the problem. Can you tell me where I can get this? When I bring up the AP it is just dead.

No. you posted this twice in separate threads. If you are a legitimate registered user of FSUIPC it is most unlikely you have "similar" problems -- none of the folks with "similar" problems have sent me any files to check at all yet!

Please go see my reply to your other thread.

Regards,

Pete