The simFlight Network Forums

Slightly OT Project Magenta setup

Pete,

I notice on the PM forum you posted

and even works well on the PC which is running 3 copies of the Project Magenta PFD/ND/EICAS program.

How do you do it? Do you use PCi cards to add monitors?

Sorry its a little OT with the forum but I would be interested to know what your setup is.

Scott Stephens

Pete,

I notice on the PM forum you posted

and even works well on the PC which is running 3 copies of the Project Magenta PFD/ND/EICAS program.

How do you do it? Do you use PCi cards to add monitors?

My main two FS PCs both have Parhelias. The FS one only shows the outside view, and is 3 x 18" LCD monitors. The view is 2400 x 600 resoultion (though I can use up to 3840 x 1024 the extra resolution isn't really helpful for scenery only and takes away a few fps). I use a zoom of 0.50 which seems to give me the correct perspective from where I sit.

The main PM client has 3 x 15" LCD monitors and runs 3 copies of PM's PFD.EXE program -- Captain's PFD/ND, Standby+EICAS, and First Officer's PFD/ND.

I think the performance would be a lot better with only one copy of PFD running, and, indeed, Enrico did start work on a mode which allows these all in one window. but alas is is not yet finished. As it is the three PFD programs compete for wideClient's attention, and the only way to get them to cooperate is to have two of them running a bit slower and with "UseTimer=On" parameters. There are PFD.INI entries for this and to set limits on performance.

Regards,

Pete