The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Quad and button assignments not working?

Hi chaps

More than happy with my Quad, but am finding it a little confusing in some areas. I can and have set the reverseres to work using FSUIPC. I have my flaps working to on one of the levers.

However, i noticed thatn in setting the throttles, that engine 4 does not want to be calibrated seperately. Dont know why?

Also, in FS9, i am assigning some of the buttons to things like - Autothrottle ser, and Altimiter set etc and they simply dont want to work! Could it be that i am using the PMDG aircraft and it doesnt like it?

Is there any other way to do the assigning other than the big scary CH Mapping tool!!!!!

Any help would be good please

Cheerio

Doug Stone

However, i noticed thatn in setting the throttles, that engine 4 does not want to be calibrated seperately. Dont know why?

Not sure what you mean. Have you got is assigned separately in FS? What are you seeing that indicates it won't "calibrate separately"?

Also, in FS9, i am assigning some of the buttons to things like - Autothrottle ser, and Altimiter set etc and they simply dont want to work! Could it be that i am using the PMDG aircraft and it doesnt like it?

Always check things with default aircraft. If you want to assign functions in something like the PMDG or PIC aircraft I think you have to use their keystrokes. They do their own autopilot which is separate from FS's.

Is there any other way to do the assigning other than the big scary CH Mapping tool!!!!!

I don't know what that is. If the CH buttons look like buttons to FS you can assign them in FS, or, for a wider choice of functions and the possibility of keystrokes (eg for PMDG aircraft) you can assign them in FSUIPC. Also, with FSUIPC, you can make assignments for PMDG aircraft specific -- FSUIPC will automatically change according to what aircraft you load up.

Regards,

Pete

>> Also, in FS9, i am assigning some of the buttons to things like - Autothrottle ser, and Altimiter set etc and they simply dont want to work! Could it be that i am using the PMDG aircraft and it doesnt like it? <<

There was one report of the light toggles actually toggling the lights but the switch graphic not changing position. Otherwise, without the Control Manager drivers, the TQ looks like a 6-axis/12-button joystick and you should be able to check the button operation in the Windows Game Controllers test applet. If the buttons work there, the TQ is doing what it should and the problem is either something in the aircraft as you suggested or perhaps in the assignment itself.

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com