The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with the Delphi SKD example

Hi all,

Im a bit advanced delphi programmer and would like to create a own application with delphi for FSUIPC. But now i downloaded the SDK and i have the latest version of FSUIPC at FS2004. But the Hello example doesnt work really, it keeps giving me "Incorrect version of FSUIPC, or no FSUIPC". I do have FS running and still it gives this error... The sourcecode doesnt look like it can handle FS2004, is there a newer example availible, or someone can give me a push in the right direction?

But now i downloaded the SDK and i have the latest version of FSUIPC at FS2004. But the Hello example doesnt work really, it keeps giving me "Incorrect version of FSUIPC, or no FSUIPC". I do have FS running and still it gives this error ...

The source code shows where it checks these things, so as you are an expert in Delphi you would be in a better position to tell me what is going on. (I don't know Delphi at all).

However, if you enable IPC read/write logging in FSUIPC's logging page, run it, get the error, then close FS down, the Log file (FSUIPC.LOG) produced in the FS Modules folder will tell me what is going on.

Are you using a user-registered version of FSUIPC?

... The sourcecode doesnt look like it can handle FS2004, is there a newer example availible, or someone can give me a push in the right direction?

Hmmm. The file "FPCuserIntf.INC contains this:

// Supported Sims
  SIM_ANY                  =  0;
  SIM_FS98                 =  1;
  SIM_FS2K                 =  2;
  SIM_CFS2                 =  3;
  SIM_CFS1                 =  4;
  SIM_FS2K2	  =  6;
  SIM_FS2K4	  =  7;

The last one is for FS2004. What makes you think is isn't supported? Are you by any chance using a very old version of the SDK?

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for you reply Pete!

The Log doesnt say anything really except this:

414594 System time = 17:51:21, FS2004 time = 12:43:16 (20:43Z)

I think its my app trying to communicate with FS, but it doesnt say the time in the window tho.

SimulationText : Array[0..6] of String = ('Any', 'FS98', 'FS2K', 'CFS2', 'CFS1', 'FLY', 'FS2002');

This is my list in Delphi, i tried to put fs2k4 and all variant with it but no luck.

It tries to

FSUIPC_Open(SIM_ANY, dwResult)

but it gives a false return...

Im not really a delphi guru hehe but im trying to get it working ;)

I have the registered version and FS9+update

Edit: I have the latest SDK but the strange thing is if i dont run FS then i get the error "Cannot link with FSUIPC", but if i do run FS then i get the error "Wrong version of FSUIPC", even with the C example...

The Log doesnt say anything really except this:

414594 System time = 17:51:21, FS2004 time = 12:43:16 (20:43Z)

That's part of FSUIPC's heading data. It is always there. Have you enabled IPC read/write logging? Please show the file, not one line.

SimulationText : Array[0..6] of String = ('Any', 'FS98', 'FS2K', 'CFS2', 'CFS1', 'FLY', 'FS2002');

This is my list in Delphi, i tried to put fs2k4 and all variant with it but no luck.

Oh, that. Just add 'FS2004' to the end of the list and change the array size to 7. As you saw, FS2004 is #7.

It tries to

FSUIPC_Open(SIM_ANY, dwResult)

but it gives a false return...

That's why I asked to see the FSUIPC log with the IPC logging enabled.

Edit: I have the latest SDK but the strange thing is if i dont run FS then i get the error "Cannot link with FSUIPC", but if i do run FS then i get the error "Wrong version of FSUIPC", even with the C example...

Hmmit sounds rather like something may be wrong with your registration. What happens if you temporarily remove the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS modules folder?

Let's start againPlease do as I said to start with, i.e.

... enable IPC read/write logging in FSUIPC's logging page, run it, get the error, then close FS down, the Log file (FSUIPC.LOG) produced in the FS Modules folder will tell me what is going on.

Regards,

Pete

Ok Pete you are right, the registration isnt correctly working, i have a pretty old serial here (i believe version 3.0), should i get a new license for this?

Version 3.xxx registrations cover ALL version 3.xxx issues. If it is a legitimate access key you should have no problems. I am concerned by this.

Please Zip up a complete FSUIPC.LOG (after FS is closed) together with your FSUIPC.KEY file and send them to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete