The simFlight Network Forums

DME distance to NAV is gone

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted already.

I want to use the Dash8 of Phoenix but the DME distance shown on EHSI is gone after aprox 5 minutes.

So the distance to navaid enter on NAV1 is not shown, making impossible to fly the aircraft.

I wonder if this could be caused by the FSUIPC program.

I use FS9.1

Windows XP pro

FSUIPC 3.41 unregistered

Thanks in advance

Maikel

I want to use the Dash8 of Phoenix but the DME distance shown on EHSI is gone after aprox 5 minutes. So the distance to navaid enter on NAV1 is not shown, making impossible to fly the aircraft.

Impossible to fly an aircraft just because of a DME problem? Phew! I'd scrap that aircraft and get one far more flyable if I were you! :)

I wonder if this could be caused by the FSUIPC program.

No, the DME value from FSUIPC is available all the time. But panels with normal DME gauges certainly won't be using FSUIPC for that. The DME distance is a standard panel value. It's been available to panel makers for as long as I remember, certainly since before FS4 even, and I know of no panels which depend upon FSUIPC for it, none at all.

I think you will need to visit the PSS support forum.

Regards,

Pete

O.K. Thanks for your answer.

I just wanted to be sure asking here as at PSS forum are not able to help me with this issue. Not the pilots and not the PSS support staff.

Also not help from all the people I know as I think is a problem related only to me and I don't know whatelse to try.

I like to have control on the distance to next navaid so I can perform better Sids and Star procedures, etc.

Thanks anyway

Regards

Maikel

I just wanted to be sure asking here as at PSS forum are not able to help me with this issue. Not the pilots and not the PSS support staff.

Maybe its sort sort of video driver issue. Try in windowed mode as well as full screen, and also see if looking out the side window then back brings the display back. Also, if you use the 2D panel try the VC and vice versa.

Regards,

Pete