The simFlight Network Forums

Re: AVC Advanced Voice Client PTT programming

Pete,

Tried to post under that thread, but locked, so I hope you do not mind me posting an new thread with same subject. To the point:

I think you need to seriously consider re-writting the part of the doc that describes how to do PPT for a remote PC via WideFS, potentially giving step by step instuctions to people on how to do it, screenshots, example ini files etc.

Sorry to say, but the documentation is inadequate there, and rather confusing I would say, especially for people that do not have the time or knowledge to get into programming (and before going any further I do have a Bsc and Msc in Computing Science - I just do not want to apply it to my hobby). It very much shows that it has been patched from documentation of older releases and does not follow a logical path.

On a personal basis, I spend about 2 hours reading through it yesterday, and applying various things to files and KeySend combinations, yet to make it work, but will spend some more time these eve to double check against the original thread to make sure I have not missed something before I ask for help.

Cheers,

Nikos Terizakis

Tried to post under that thread, but locked

Ahthe "sticky"? I can expand that soon to encompass what we've learned recently about TeamSpeak PTT.

I think you need to seriously consider re-writting the part of the doc that describes how to do PPT for a remote PC via WideFS, potentially giving step by step instuctions to people on how to do it, screenshots, example ini files etc.

I'd love to be able to do that one day. It needs time, patience, and skill at writing at that sort of level. I'm afraid I'm very short in all three departments. And I don't even fly on-line, so it isn't my subject at all.

I am always hoping that one day soon I may even find time to actually fly a bit myself. I think I manage to get about three decent, for fun, flights per year.

Thanks for you worthwhile suggestions though. Perhaps we'll get a volunteer stepping into the fray one day. :wink:

Regards,

Pete

Is there new information available about the TeamSpeak PTT?

Check the thread http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=31427, entitled slightly obscurely "Button programming question". The latter exchanges are relevant. Seems we found a way to make it work with at least one (latest?) version of TeamSpeak. The clue was Lee reporting that FSUIPC programmed buttons worked for TeamSpeak PTT when the latter is on the FS PC.

The version of WideFS with this SendInput facility is being made ready for release now. I hope to release FSUIPC 3.44 and WideFS 6.44 over the weekend. Check the usual place early next week.

Regards,

Pete