The simFlight Network Forums

transponder question

is there any option to active only 1 of the 7 segs in the transponder instead of all 4 together with the offset 0354?

Just like in the FS itself you can click on one dig and it can go up or down now i only can get all 4 active so meening if it stands on 1200 (standard) and i get for exampl.: 5213 it wil take me days to turn those roteries to that number....

gr.

Frans M

is there any option to active only 1 of the 7 segs in the transponder instead of all 4 together with the offset 0354?

7 segments? 7 segment LEDs are rather outside the scope of what offset 0354 is about!

Do you mean 1 out of 4 digits?

Are you writing a program to change 0354? If so, why not simply read it, change whichever digit you want to change, then write it back?

Just like in the FS itself you can click on one dig and it can go up or down now i only can get all 4 active so meening if it stands on 1200 (standard) and i get for exampl.: 5213 it wil take me days to turn those roteries to that number....

Ah, you mean to program a rotary to change any one of 4 digits? Why are you messing about with FSUIPC offset 0354? Why not simply use the FS controls designed to do just that?

XPNDR 1 DEC

XPNDR 1 INC

XPNDR 10 DEC

XPNDR 10 INC

XPNDR 100 DEC

XPNDR 100 INC

XPNDR 1000 DEC

XPNDR 1000 INC

These are all assignable in FSUIPC Keys and Buttons. Actually they may well be assignable in FS itself for all I know. Have you looked?

Also, in a recent release of FSUIPC, as you will see from the History document (and the Recent release notes above), I did add special FSUIPC controls to inc/dec the transponder in two halves (if you want to save on rotaries):

Xpndr low NN dec

Xpndr low NN inc

Xpndr high NN dec

Xpndr high NN inc

So with two rotaries you can change it mighty quickly.

What else might be needed? It seems to be pretty well covered all ways, doesn't it?

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Once again thank you very much for your great explain here :) I think i understand what you mean my only problem is more how i would get it to work in a pratical way....

I use FSbus to controle my roteries and also the display. The display is no problem because with that offset 0354 it show nice the 4 digs and i also can set 1 rotery to that same offset and by turning it left or right the value goes up and down.

Your point of using 2 roteries is exactly what i need to have as well because that is also how my panel in the hardware version looks like.

Now i am only trying to see how i can go from a input of my rotery in Fsbus to the FSUIPC option as you mention: Xpndr low NN dec ect.

So far i now can see is fsbus using offsets to communicate with the FS/FSUIPC but if iam right you tell me that it is a option now in the FSUIPC

dropdownlist by keys/buttons... and i assum that for the Xpndr low NN dec as example there is no offset avalible.

"XPONDR", 24, 4, 0x0354, I16, 0,RW+, 10,1,1,

That is the line FSbus.ini use to read /write to the xponder(but that is all 4 digs together)

So i now try to understand and figure out how i can send any communication from fsbus to the FSUIPC without a offset....

Hope i dont make a mess out of this pete i try to do my best to follow it all so if i make mistakes i am sorry for that but i am still in a learing proces here :)

Pete,

Once again thank you very much for your great explain here :) I think i understand what you mean my only problem is more how i would get it to work in a pratical way....

I use FSbus to controle my roteries and also the display. The display is no problem because with that offset 0354 it show nice the 4 digs and i also can set 1 rotery to that same offset and by turning it left or right the value goes up and down.

Your point of using 2 roteries is exactly what i need to have as well because that is also how my panel in the hardware version looks like.

Now i am only trying to see how i can go from a input of my rotery in Fsbus to the FSUIPC option as you mention: Xpndr low NN dec ect.

So far i now can see is fsbus using offsets to communicate with the FS/FSUIPC but if iam right you tell me that it is a option now in the FSUIPC

dropdownlist by keys/buttons... and i assum that for the Xpndr low NN dec as example there is no offset avalible.

That is the line FSbus.ini use to read /write to the xponder(but that is all 4 digs together)

So i now try to understand and figure out how i can send any communication from fsbus to the FSUIPC without a offset....

Hope i dont make a mess out of this pete i try to do my best to follow it all so if i make mistakes i am sorry for that but i am still in a learing proces here :)

That's all outside my knowledge completely I'm afraid. I do not know FSbus at all, so I don't know what facilities it offers. Are you saying it doesn't provide anything that looks like "button presses" which can be programmed in FS or FSUIPC?

If FSbus only allows incrementing and decrementing offsets, then you could achieve that by addressing each of the two bytes containing the Transponder value separately. i.e., of XXYY the XX is in the single byte 0355 and the YY is in the single byte 0354.

However, simple incrementing and decrementing won't really work correctly. The values go from 00 to 77 not to FF -- in other words values 8-F for any digit are not valid. You would need to increment/decrement and then logically AND the result with 0x77 to remove invalid bits. Can FSbus do that?

If it cannot be made to emulate buttons, then the only way to use those would be to use the facilities at offset 3110 to send controls to FS. You find the control number and write that to 3110. For FS controls use my list of FS2004 controls, included in the last FSUIPC.ZIP release. For added FSUIPC controls the list of numeric equivalents is in the Advanced Users guide.

But doesn't that go wrong? For instance, doesn't it increment 4567 and make is 4568 (invalid) instead of 4570?

Sorry, that's a question for FSbus. Doesn't the documentation cover it? I'm afraid I don't know FSbus at all, as I said. Maybe sending controls to 3110 will work?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanksand i know you didnt know much of the Fsbus you already mention me that before but iam still very happy you try to help me here with it :)

I will try tonight to see if the things you mention maybe will work.

About the point of not going higher than 7 is also now not a problem so when it stands on 4567 it will not go to 4568 but also to 4570 and i think that it works now because it just read the value of that 0354 because there already is no option for that 8 but that works ok but ty for mention it.

The other option you mention u have to check 3110 maybe it works as you mention i will look to the list i assum you mention this:

XPNDR_1_DEC 66458

XPNDR_1_INC 65654

XPNDR_10_DEC 66457

XPNDR_10_INC 65653

XPNDR_100_DEC 66456

XPNDR_100_INC 65652

XPNDR_1000_DEC 66455

XPNDR_1000_INC 65651

XPNDR_DEC_CARRY 66459

XPNDR_INC_CARRY 66460

XPNDR_SET 65715

and

XPNDR_1000_INC 65651

XPNDR_100_INC 65652

XPNDR_10_INC 65653

XPNDR_1_INC 65654

or this ones?

1054 Xpndr low NN dec

1055 Xpndr low NN inc

1056 Xpndr high NN dec

1057 Xpndr high NN inc

but i will play with it and see what will happen.... and no in the fsbus there is nothing yet so far i can see only a direct response on the 4 digs at the same time.

The only thing i know is the line to put value in so lets see if i can make something out of it but i assum there have to be a solution for it somehow.

gr.

Frans

The other option you mention u have to check 3110 maybe it works as you mention

Just write the control number to the 4 byte value offset 3110. You don't need to bother with a parameter for these increment/decrement controls.

XPNDR_1_DEC 66458

XPNDR_1_INC 65654

XPNDR_10_DEC 66457

XPNDR_10_INC 65653

XPNDR_100_DEC 66456

XPNDR_100_INC 65652

XPNDR_1000_DEC 66455

XPNDR_1000_INC 65651

XPNDR_DEC_CARRY 66459

XPNDR_INC_CARRY 66460

XPNDR_SET 65715

If you have 4 rotaries you use the first 8 controls above. the other three aren't relevant to your needs.

and

XPNDR_1000_INC 65651

XPNDR_100_INC 65652

XPNDR_10_INC 65653

XPNDR_1_INC 65654

Those are included in your list above ...?

or this ones?

1054 Xpndr low NN dec

1055 Xpndr low NN inc

1056 Xpndr high NN dec

1057 Xpndr high NN inc

Those are the added FSUIPC controls which will suit you if you only have 2 rotaries.

Didn't I mention all this in my last message?

Regards,

Pete