The simFlight Network Forums

Cascading FSUIPC Drop down Box

I just did a reinstall of WinXP Home, SP2, DX9.c, FS9 and the patch and the most recent registered copy of FSUIPC.

All seems to be working well and better than ever. One annoying thing though is the Modules/FSUIPC command window on the upper FS9 toolbar . Once FSUIPC is opened, if I go to "drag" it to the center of my display it "cascades" as it's "pulled" by the mouse. It functions fine -but I don't recall the cascading effect before I did the reinstall.

Is there any thing I can tweak to stop the cascade effect of the FSUIPC command applet when its moved?

Thanks

Kosmo007

Once FSUIPC is opened, if I go to "drag" it to the center of my display it "cascades" as it's "pulled" by the mouse. It functions fine -but I don't recall the cascading effect before I did the reinstall.

Well it's done that on FS2004 ever since FS2004 came out. It's to prevent flicker -- the way FS now draws its window causes any dialogues which are produced without using its own complex DirectX-oriented system to flicker horribly even when static. To get around that, FSUIPC prevents frequent re-painting in the main FS window whilst the dialogue is displayed. This creates the effect you see, if you drag it. If you've not noticed it before you've probably not actualy moved them about.

Regards,

Pete