The simFlight Network Forums

GPS FS2004

Hi Peter.

I have just reged your modules.

Actually the one thing that prompted me to buy was the annoying way FS loads the GPS

I use go flight kit, but cannot find a way of getting the GPS to pop up and close with either a keypress or button or with my saitekjoystick.

I looked at your list and found a reference to GPS poweron/(66602)

Excuse my ignorance but I havnt a clue how to use this info.

can you advise?

best regards

Kenneth Comben

I use go flight kit, but cannot find a way of getting the GPS to pop up and close with either a keypress or button or with my saitekjoystick.

I don't use it, but the GPS is just another FS panel window isn't it? Up to 9 panel windows are operated by keypresses Shift+ 1-9 (the numerics on the main KB, not the key pad). The numbers vary from panel to panel, according to how they are defined in the PANEL.CFG file.

I looked at your list and found a reference to GPS poweron/(66602). Excuse my ignorance but I havnt a clue how to use this info.

What list are you looking through -- the list of FS2004 controls, you mean? That's for advanced users and programmers. To program Keys or Buttons, use the options in FS -- find the Modules menu, then FSUIPC in that. Click it. The FSUIPC options dialogue will display. Finmd the Keys or Buttons tabs, click whichever. You'll be able to press you key or button, drop down a full list of FS + added FSUIPC controls, and assign them as you like.

Please browse through the appropriate sections of the User guide -- do not bother with the other documents yet. Find out first how to open up the FSUIPC options and use them from inside FS. You seem to be confusing yourself by looking at the last things first.

But "GPS poweron", I should think, is just the FS control to power on/off the GPS, not display it or hide it. I don't think the power button is actually supported in any case. Maybe MS ran out of time, or added the control ready for future changes.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Yes you are right of course, diving in at the deep end,somehow i have missed the shift 1-9 options for displaying the GPS (I miss the days when software came with a handbook to refer to) I am refering to FS9 here.

This being the case i should be able to use goflight or Saitek to do the job.

Thanks and best regards

Ken