The simFlight Network Forums

Unexplainable FSUIPC related crashing.

AmyG

I have a problem with MS FS9 crashing unexplainably. It can happen at any time or place, but always happens when i enter certain loctions in the FS world, namely Spain, western Japan and various areas of the pacific. The crash always takes the same form with the FS window going blank, the HDD is accessed and then the window comes up telling me that MSFS has crashed asking if i want to tell microsoft about the problem. Don Geddes of Microsoft has analysed my dump files and cannot explain the problem, only that it is FSUIPC based. I am using FSUIPC version 3.411.

contact by email or msn messenger at jvm2203@hotmail.com, I can make sure you get the dump files.

Thanks

Amy Gardner

I have a problem with MS FS9 crashing unexplainably. It can happen at any time or place, but always happens when i enter certain loctions in the FS world, namely Spain, western Japan and various areas of the pacific. The crash always takes the same form with the FS window going blank, the HDD is accessed and then the window comes up telling me that MSFS has crashed asking if i want to tell microsoft about the problem. Don Geddes of Microsoft has analysed my dump files and cannot explain the problem, only that it is FSUIPC based. I am using FSUIPC version 3.411.

The ****** cheek of Microsoft! Other folks always blame FSUIPC first, but not MS before! Grrr! :evil: :evil: :evil:

There is no problem with FSUIPC which is at all related to Geographical location. There cannot be, as it isn't doing anything which is anything to do with scenery or location.

You are most likely suffering from a scenery or texture bug. If you are not using add-on scenery the most likely is the well-known seasonal textures bugs, some of which seem to still be present despite MS saying they fixed them in the FS9.1 update.

Try changing to mid-Summer, see if it still happens. If so, and you are using add-on scenery, try switching off each such add-on scenery in turn. If you are not, or this doesn't help, you may have to experiment with different video settings and/or drivers.

BTW I cannot support old versions of FSUIPC. The current one is 3.44. Please check the announcements at the top of the forum.

Regards,

Pete