The simFlight Network Forums

PM's FCU Not Recognizing Throttles

Hi Pete, I need some advise.

I use the following offsets for my A340 Airbus throttles:

Throttle 1. 88C

Throttle 2. 924

Throttle 3. 9BC

Throttle 4. A54

This is the problem; PM FCU recognizes joystick sliders as a throttle, which is needed to be able to set the throttle gates. PM FCU does not recognize the above throttle offsets. Of course, I can not set the gates in the FCU.

Did I miss something in your documentation to make this work or is this a PM issue?

Pete, any help is appreciated.

Matt O.

I use the following offsets for my A340 Airbus throttles:

Did I miss something in your documentation to make this work or is this a PM issue?

Quite honestly, I am totally lost :? , so I assume it must be 100% a PM issue of some sort.

Are you writing a program to read your throttle levers and write the calibrated results direct to FSUIPC offsets? That direct method of throttle control would be one used by non-FS auto-throttle implementations as well, so it will get very tricky. Are you writing the auto-throttle code too?

If, for some reason, you are just wanting to bypass normal joystick axis assignments and driver calibrations I think you still need to use the same controls -- either AXIS_THROTTLEn_SET with parameters -16383 to +16383, or the older FS98 compatible ones, THROTTLEn_SET.

If you need to do this via offsets then do so via the two 32-bit values at offset 3110.

Regards,

Pete

I'm lost too.... :?

Are you writing a program to read your throttle levers and write the calibrated results direct to FSUIPC offsets?

I'm using FS2Phidget.exe (Alan Dyer) and a Phidget Analog Module, that's exactly what it does.

Hmmmm, the head scratching continues... :roll:

Thank you Pete,

Matt O.

Thanks again Pete, Unfortunately that is beyond my ability, at least I think, for now.

This is an excerpt from the FS2PhUIPC.ini file:

[THROTTLE_LEVER_1]

Offset=088C

Length=2

FSType=Proportional

LoValue=0

HiValue=16384

As you can see that limits of what I can do.

I will pass the information on to Enrico and Alan.

Matt O.

Thanks again Pete, Unfortunately that is beyond my ability, at least I think, for now.

As you can see that limits of what I can do.

If it can only write one location, or is limited to 1, 2 and 4 byte values, then, it isn't actually your ability in question, is it? It's a limitation of the software driver you are using.

It seems a very odd way to implement joystick axis control. Are there others using this method? It basically bypasses everything and acts like an external autothrottle control. I don't see how any aircraft implementation would work with that except using FS's own A/T. Or maybe you can program it to detect the A/T engagement and suppress inputs then?

As far as special Airbus thrust values, I really don't know anything about those. You will certainly need to discuss that with Enrico.

Regards,

Pete