The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 332E- Thrust lever

Hi Pete,

if I write values on offset &h332E and then read it, there is always coming 418 out, but never the value I just wrote in...

Offset &h310A=0 and &h888=1

Maybe I understand something wrong, but is &h332E not the offset I should use, if I just have one physical thrust lever and want to order the thrust for both engines?

Thanks, Joachim

if I write values on offset &h332E and then read it, there is always coming 418 out, but never the value I just wrote in...

Because 332E provides a copy of the throttle axis input value -- i.e. the value coming from the assigned throttle axis.

Why do you want to write to it? To change it, just move your throttle axis.

Maybe I understand something wrong, but is &h332E not the offset I should use, if I just have one physical thrust lever and want to order the thrust for both engines?

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to do. By default the standard single throttle axis controls all engines specified by offset 0888.

If you want to input throttle values and disconnect the throttle axis input, you set bit 3 in 310A and write to the throttle values (e.g. 088C fir Engine 1). You can still read the axis input at 332E. If you read the write-up against offset 310A you will see the explanation of the use of all these things, e.g. for fly-by-wire.

Regards,

Pete