The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC's Jitter filter for other axes?

I just purchased FSUIPC in part because of the jitter filter. However I'm finding it's not possible to enable it for the axis I want. I want to enable it for the pan view left and right axis because I want to use the Twist grip of my joystick to pan the view (most joysticks are quite jiterry on this axis making it hard to make accurate adjustments). The filter *does* work if I change the twist axis to e.g. Rudder (the numbers in the test boxes stay constant instead of jumping about a lot) so I just need a way to enable it for the correct axis...

I just purchased FSUIPC in part because of the jitter filter. However I'm finding it's not possible to enable it for the axis I want. I want to enable it for the pan view left and right axis because I want to use the Twist grip of my joystick to pan the view (most joysticks are quite jiterry on this axis making it hard to make accurate adjustments). The filter *does* work if I change the twist axis to e.g. Rudder (the numbers in the test boxes stay constant instead of jumping about a lot) so I just need a way to enable it for the correct axis...

Hmmm. Sorry, but currently FSUIPC only handles the axes which you can see, the main flight-related ones. It is a lot of work adding calibration tables and extra option pages for each axis and not something I would do in a hurry, expecially for something never requested before.

I'm not even sure what the "pan axes" are -- in all my experience with FS since FS4 I've only ever uses either the direct views (forward, left, right, etc), or a "point of view" hat. Are you talking about

AXIS_PAN_HEADING

AXIS_PAN_PITCH

AXIS_PAN_TILT

?

I could add them to my list of things for future versions if you like, but I cannot commit to doing this in any particular time frame. So far you are the only person to even hint at such a need.

Regards,

Pete

Hmm maybe more users will request it now. I got the idea from this article that was recently published:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=mainga_joy.htm

I just realized when reading that - since I'm using a joystick with the twist grip rudder control but have rudder pedals, I have one axis free - and I have been looking for a way to pan more quickly without investing in the TrackIR stuff. Just didn't realize I could use the twist grip for that.

The twist axis has been jittery on every single joystick I've owned from Logitech, MS, Saitek...this causes the view to vibrate slightly at certain angles. Other than that it works quite well and it's worth a try for quick glances in the sim. Just have to use the hat switch when greater precision and vibration free views is required for now.

I checked my FS9.cfg and I believe the axis is AXIS_PAN_HEADING.

Hmm maybe more users will request it now. I got the idea from this article that was recently published:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=mainga_joy.htm

=============================================

Jimmi, excellent reference article. I use the Saitek Rumble Force stick and find the article intriguing.

Pete, I know the difficulties involved in writing your software but I would find this particular enhancement useful if it came about in the future.

Bobby

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Pete !!!!!!

FSUIPC release 3.45

This provides these additions and improvements:

1. Additional joystick calibration pages have been added to allow the three Pan axes (used in virtual cockpit mode) to be calibrated (on page 9), and the main four Slew axes (on page 10). Note that to calibrate slew axes you need to enter slew mode before calling up the FSUIPC options.