The simFlight Network Forums

Home built FMC

I'm slowly starting to build my own CRJ Flightdeck.

I'm looking at Wilcofleet's CRJ200 as it has a good starter FMC and resizable gauges that will save me some money.

I'v started to build my FMC and was looking at using a old keyboard for the interface, will FSUIPC alow me to interface my keyboard with the FMC that comes with this model or am I looking at some heavy programing to make it work like this.

I'v started to build my FMC and was looking at using a old keyboard for the interface, will FSUIPC alow me to interface my keyboard with the FMC that comes with this model or am I looking at some heavy programing to make it work like this.

I'm sorry, but I don't really know how you use that particular aircraft's FMC. If it accepts keystrokes directly, then FSUIPC can be used to convert button presses to keystrokes, though the gauge may need to be put into the mode where it accepts these.

Some gauges only operate with mouse clicks, at least for button pressing (the selection keys either side of an FMC, for instance, as well as some of the function ones below). If this is the case with your chosen aircraft then I think you will need to look at Luciano Napolitano's Key2Mouse program.

Regards,

Pete