The simFlight Network Forums

Flight Tracker

I recently purchased Flight Tracker (v7.0.2) and I have v3.4.4 of the FSUIPC module installed in the appropriate folder. However when running FS9 and then loading Flight Tracker, it says that it is not accredited to run an unregistered version of FSUIPC. Well, I posted on the FS9 forums about this, and someone directed me to http://www.joekat.com/download_ft.htm and told me to download the help file and pull the registration key (85WR 07W9 YP94) out of there. They said this key was ONLY for Flight Tracker purposes, not a full registration. Well I tried it, and that didn't work.

I purchased Flight Tracker from Flight1.com and I can't manage to get a hold of them because their idea of technical support is posting pre-determined subjects with existing answers available and conveniently enough for me, my problem doesn't appear to exist there. I even checked their forums, and can't find anything related to this problem.

I know there was a post on here published on Nov 24 or 26 with the same exact problem, but the guy who had the issue seemed to resolve it on his own. I've sent him a PM inquiring about how he resolved it.

Basically, I'm stuck and I can't figure out how to correct the issue. I'd appreciate any input you guys may have.

Thanks!!

the registration key (85WR 07W9 YP94) out of there. They said this key was ONLY for Flight Tracker purposes, not a full registration. Well I tried it, and that didn't work.

Okay, let's stop there a moment. According to my records that is certainly the correct access key for flight tracker, provided it has the following properties:

Program name "FlightTracker.exe"

Product Name (in Version Info) "FS Flight Tracker"

Company (in Version Info) "K. D. Lovell"

So, assuming those things are true, it would have worked if you entered the details correctly.

So, please explain what you entered and where, exactly. Then I can see where you went wrong and help you get it right. Right?

Regards,

Pete

Okay, so I entered the key mentioned above two different ways: once, I copied and pasted, and the other time I manually keyed it in.

As for where, I started a flight in FS9 and select the ALT button to bring up the menu bar. I selected the Modules drop down, then selected FSUIPC. From there, I selected the "Register FSUIPC" button and put in the key. This is the only way I am familiar with entering the key. That is all I have done. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I selected the "Register FSUIPC" button and put in the key. This is the only way I am familiar with entering the key. That is all I have done. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you certainly are!

You say you are "familiar with entering the key". How is that? Have you registered FSUIPC as a User? If so there should be no need at all to enter any keys for any specific programs! Your payment for FSUIPC covers them all.

If you are merely exaggerating, and have not entered a key before, please notice that there are, in fact, THREE buttons for key entry, on that first page in FSUIPC options. You need the one labelled "Register an application program". After all, isn't it the application you are trying to register, not yourself as a User?

Please take a longer look next time, and see the facilities that are available. Perhaps English is not your native language? If so, I can understand there may be some confusion, but surely someone could help you read the earlier parts of the FSUIPC User documentation? Please see the section entitled "Program Registration" -- there is even a picture showing the entry window.

Let me know if you still have difficulties, and, please, tell me why you were trying to register it wrongly in the first place. I need to understand how people can get things wrong so I can improve the documentation in future releases.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pete

Okay, so I was clearly making the mistake of attempting to register as a user rather than register an application program. It works now.

I apologize for the miscommunication (english is my native language, let the ridicule begin). I can clearly detect frustration in your language, but I can't blame you entirel. I didn't look closely at the FSUIPC users guide which I'm sure many hours were spent to compile it.

Anyway, thank you for your assistance.