The simFlight Network Forums

Can I program F14 & F15 keys to yoke buttons?

I'd like to be able to program the F14 and F15 keys to buttons on my CH Products yoke. I presently use them to turn my Track IR off and on, and to center it. But when I try and enter these keys in the button page they do not register. Is there any way to program these keys to yoke buttons?

A clarification:

On a standard PC keyboard these keys are denoted Scroll Lock and Pause Break. Within the Track IR controls I am able to assign these keys to perform Track IR actions. I'd like to be able to use FSUIPC to assign these keys to buttons on my yoke.

Thanks, Macwino

I'd like to be able to program the F14 and F15 keys to buttons on my CH Products yoke. I presently use them to turn my Track IR off and on, and to center it. But when I try and enter these keys in the button page they do not register. Is there any way to program these keys to yoke buttons?

F14 and F15? I've never heard of such keys. All my keyboards only go up to F12!

Just checking Micrsoft development documentation, I see codes defined up to F24, so I can add most of these to the ones FSUIPC already recognises, but I can't test them here as I have no such keyboard.

Oddly, the Microsoft documentation says that the code for F24 is the same as that which I have already for the Enter key (on the numeric keypad), which works as such. So I cannot support F24 separately.

Anyway, I'll add F13-F23 decode in the next version of FSUIPC (3.45), which is imminent. Meanwhile, you should be able to get around it by programming, say, F12, then, after closing FS, edit the [buttons] section in FSUIPC.INI. Find the entry you just programmed (it'll be the line with the value K123,8 at the end) and change the 123 to 125 for F14 or 126 for F15. It should work, but you won't get a correct read-back in FSUIPC's dialogues at present.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and look forward to the update. In case you were wondering what kind of keyboard I use, it's an Apple keyboard. I use it for cosmetic reasons because it matches the Apple widescreen cinema display that I use for fs9.