The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - Turbulence and wind smoothing ...

I have the turbulence enabled and wind smoothing disabled. Still, I don't seem to get random turbulence. Is there any way to boost the amount of turbulence added by FSUIPC? I'm using 3.41. Thanks.

Version 3.41 is long outdated and unsupported. Current version is 3.44 and 3.45 will be released this weekend. Please always update before seeking support as I only support the supported versions listed in the supported versions list above. Thank you.

Most folks always complained that the turbulence in FS was unrealistically violent. FSUIPC's random addition tries to keep the distribution of different levels normal -- so mostly there will be a little or none, and only very rarely will there be a lot. It can set the whole range, but you'd rarely see it.

Maybe some of the external weather programs can set it for you -- even my own WeatherSet2 can set it.

However, if you really want to simply boost its effect no matter what the scale, check out the TurbulenceScale parameter in your FS9.CFG file's [Weather] section. Experiment with higher values than 1.

Regards,

Pete