The simFlight Network Forums

FS Version

I have created a freeware application which reads 0x3308 to check that the value is 7 (FS2004). One of the users running a registered FSUIPC V3.44 does not get past this check. He is running the German version of FS2004 9.1, could this be the problem?

There have been over 800 downloads of the program with only one person reporting this fault.

Any help would be gratefully received,

George

I have created a freeware application which reads 0x3308 to check that the value is 7 (FS2004). One of the users running a registered FSUIPC V3.44 does not get past this check. He is running the German version of FS2004 9.1, could this be the problem?

No, that is very unlikely -- if FSUIPC thought the version was something different it would go wrong in quite nasty ways. The most likely problem is that the registration key is not valid -- it may be a counterfeit. I could tell from an FSUIPC Log file, but FS must be closed before saving it. Get the user to ZIP the log file and his FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com and I'll check it out.

Regards,

Pete

I have asked him to provide the log and key files. However, the program does include a free key in the version information.

It sounds even more as if he's using an improper user key then. Of all similar cases that have come to my attention, when asked to supply such files for my attention all except three have never responded (suspicious, eh?) and two of the three that did were using pirated illegal user keys. The only exception was a misunderstanding of what error was being reported.

There are problems with unregistered FSUIPC program registrations on Win98/Me, which I have fixed in 3.45, imminent. Details of these problems, and a work-around are provided in the Announcement Windows 98/Me users with unregistered FSUIPC, read this

Regards,

Pete

Are you by any chance the author of "Tree Planter"? If so I just got mightily confused by your user who referred to you by a different name and mentioned emails which I don't have. However, if it is you, you will know by now that the user's problem is probably because he's used an unofficial fiddle to make FS2004 look like FS2002. It's there as plain as day in his log file.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete, yes, I am George Davison (initials GHD). Unfortunately I had never heard of "MakeItVersionFS2002" and in fact never received his log file.

Thank you for your extremely prompt response,

George

Unfortunately I had never heard of "MakeItVersionFS2002"

It's secret and not to be used by anyone who wants support! :wink:

That's the trouble with doing special unique favours for folks. Even though I gave dire warnings about possible consequences, this sort of thing still happens. In fact I'm surprised really, this is the first time it's cropped up for many months.

Regards,

Pete