The simFlight Network Forums

Download this new FSUIPC Version Where?????

Yea Pete, this may sound stupid ..

Yes. :wink:

... but where can we download this new updated version, or do we have to scrounge around locating it again. Don't you have a download site right here?????? Jeeeeeeeeeeez

Anyway I guess its back to the drawing boards.

Please yourself, but why the "Jeeeeeeeeeez"? There's no easy reference downloads in Forums.

The main download site for ALL my software has always been kindly supplied by Enrico Schiratti at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson (for at least for 6 years, maybe longer), and that is published in my documentation, and in the appropriate Announcement (List of current supported versions) at the top of this forum!

How could you miss all the references? Jeeeeeeeeeeez. :(

Regards,

Pete

Pete, did you get my e-mail directing you where the piracy of your registration is being done at????? I remember sending it out to you, but not sure if you got it. These blind mice even tell you the codes in black and white, and even instruct you how to by pass for your FSUIPC.

Amazing Pete, and obviously your not even a powerhouse like Microsoft and they too get hacked and smacked. I cannot figure out why they pick on the small dudes on some useful good program utility such as yours. What a shame.

Chan Rak

Pete, did you get my e-mail directing you where the piracy of your registration is being done at????? I remember sending it out to you, but not sure if you got it. These blind mice even tell you the codes in black and white, and even instruct you how to by pass for your FSUIPC.

You are Dave, yes?

No, sorry, I never got such an email that I can actually identify as being from you. But I would really only forward it to SimMarket in any case.

Published codes get blocked in each new release and the original users get blacklisted at SimFlight, who will probably also take additional action. That counts as straight theft. The other violation is counterfeit codes, generated by illegal means. Those can give rise to all sorts of problems in FSUIPC and as a result I have already built up a list of about thirty suspected or confirmed dishonest users.

Amazing Pete, and obviously your not even a powerhouse like Microsoft and they too get hacked and smacked. I cannot figure out why they pick on the small dudes on some useful good program utility such as yours. What a shame.

I think it is just because it's there. :wink: And it's a cycle of diminishing returns -- the more effort put into protection, the more effort will be made to crack it. It's almost inevitable these days. I don't really blame the guys that do it so much -- they're just insecure lonely youngsters who want to prove how clever they are. It's the ordinary users who succomb to the temptation to save a few bob (read Dollars, Euros, whatever) and steal, maybe for the first time in their life, or maybe it is now a habit.

Then things go wrong, and they expect support .... go figure! :)

Regards,

Pete