The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC3.4.5 does not allow joystick to operate brake command

Peter. Not sure if this is an issue for you or whether I have not understood your latest version of FSUIPC. Brake command in FS9 not functioning through joystick. OK through keyboard. My joystick is Logitech Wingman FFB. Switched back to 3.4.4 and AOK.

Ian, Seaford, UK

Peter. Not sure if this is an issue for you or whether I have not understood your latest version of FSUIPC. Brake command in FS9 not functioning through joystick. OK through keyboard. My joystick is Logitech Wingman FFB. Switched back to 3.4.4 and AOK.

I have had one other such report, but I cannot reproduce it here, and I have not made any change which I know of which can cause this. Basically it doesn't care at all about the ordinary Brakes control. The new facilities in the "Fix control acceleration" option are identical for both keyboard and joystick controls and in any case don't do anything unless enabled.

Since I cannot reproduce it, I am stuck in an information collecting mode at present on this. Can you tell me more. Like all default aircraft? Anything programmed in FSUIPC? Can you make a safe copy of your FSUIPC.INI file and delete it from the FS Modules folder, so that FSUIPC runs with defaults only? Is it user registered or not?

Anything else which may be relevant that you can think of?

Can you turn FF off in FS? Does that make any difference?

Regards,

Pete

Pete

Thanks for quick response. Happened with all planes, default or add ons. Also tried with original FS9 default flight at Seattle as well as own flights. FSUIPC is registered. I operate FSUIPC with "normal defaults" and "clear all weather" (I have Active Sky). Not sure any of that will help! If I think of anything else will come back.

Best wishes

Ian

I operate FSUIPC with "normal defaults" and "clear all weather" (I have Active Sky). Not sure any of that will help! If I think of anything else will come back.

The default buttons don't affect joystick assignments at all. I think it must be related to something either in the button programming or, more likely, joystick calibrations pages.

This is why I asked you to try it with NO FSUIPC.INI file (save your copy), so that FSUIPC starts off with no preprogrammed anything. If that makes the brakes work, then we look at the various things you have set in the Buttons and Joysticks pages. Okay?

I am poring throgh the code now, but it would help enormously if we could narrow it down like this.

Thanks,

Pete

Pete

The mystery deepens. I have no FSUIPC.INI file! I have reinserted seperately both FSUIPC.DLL files in FS9 modules, restarted FS9 (still brakes working through Joystick with 3.4.4 but not 3.4.5). From reading your instructions it would seem that the INI file should be created when FS9 restarts.

I do have in FS9 modules apart from the DLL file FSUIPC Configeration/Text and Key files

With 3.4.5 through Buttons page I have programmed the button for Brakes. When I pressed the Joystick button FSUIPC received the command but after programmimg for"Brakes" still nothing.

Regards

Ian

I have no FSUIPC.INI file!

[/quote[

FSUIPC must have and use an INI file. If there's none when it starts it creates one. If you have Windows in that sillly annoying mode where it hides real file extensions from you (on the Microsoft assumption that computer users are imbeciles) it will be the FSUIPC one it says is "Configuration settings" or something like that. Both CFG and INI files come up like that.

The INI file is where it remembers ALL your settings. If that gets lost, all your settings revert to default and you lose all button, key and joystick programming or calibration done in FSUIPC.

I have reinserted seperately both FSUIPC.DLL files in FS9 modules

Both FSUIPC.DLL files??? There is only ever ONE FSUIPC.DLL. In any case you cannot have two files with the same name in the same folder in any case! What is this other one you are moving?

If you cannot find the INI file and so remove it (you'll be the first ever!!), then the only way to do this will be to go to each of the Buttons, Keys and Joystick pages in FSUIPC options and write down every single setting you have made, so we can try eliminating them one by one.

It will be much quicker with the INI file, believe me!!!

Pete

Peter

OK. My FSUIP.INI file is called FSUIPC.configuration settings. Removed it and brakes work through joystick with ini 3.4.5.

And no I did not have 2 versions of the ini file in modules at the same time. That's what I meant by "seperately". Sorry to confuse

Ian

Peter

OK. My FSUIP.INI file is called FSUIPC.configuration settings. Removed it and brakes work through joystick with ini 3.4.5

With DLL 3.45 you mean :wink:

Okay. The other person who reported this found the same a while ago and tried disabling each Joystick calibration in turn. It seems that the problem occurs if you calibrate the separate throttle 1 setting, nothing else. This was a good clue which helped me locate a typo in the code.

I sent him a version to try, but I don't expect I'll hear back from him till tomorrow (we are both in the UK and it is getting late). So I'm emailing you a copy to try too. Please let me know.

And no I did not have 2 versions of the ini file in modules at the same time. That's what I meant by "seperately". Sorry to confuse

Ian

You are now mixing up INI and DLL files. You said you installed 2 DLLs, not INIs. :)

Anyway, let me know how you get on with the update and your original INI.

Regards,

Pete

Regards,

Pete