The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - GCDemo "Share Main FS Path"

Dear Peter,

I'm running PM GCDemo as a trial before buying. It is set to run on 2 XP based machines. I'm 5 days in now but no joy so far. The network is fine, graphics displaying, but no data is getting to GCDemo i.e. no IAS, pitch, bank, Alt, VSI etc.

When running the pmFileCheck utility it throws up :To do - "Share Main FS Path" (I have shared the relevant folders on the network). Enrico, Katy and Jonathan have all tried to help but as yet no joy. The FS file is on the main PC under D:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/FS2002. The PM team say FSUIPC passes the path and wonder if the temporary time limited registration keys (supplied a few days ago) may be causing a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time with this.

Regards,

Iain.

The PM team say FSUIPC passes the path and wonder if the temporary time limited registration keys (supplied a few days ago) may be causing a problem.

I've no idea, sorry. I've not made any such keys, so anything could be happening. I don't know anything about the demos at all. This is really 100% a matter for the PM support folks. I assume you are not using a registered FSUIPC?

If you want me to take a look then I'd need to see the FSUIPC Log file.

Oh, I just noticed you say you are running on TWO PCs. With WideFS? If you have WideFS and it is connecting okay, then you must have paid for it. If you are running all of the PM programs on the client PC then none of them need any keys in any case.

Anyway, the same file should have helped PM Support work out what's wrong too. Didn't they ask? Have you tried the PM support website?

Please also check that you are using current supported versions of FSUIPC and WideFS -- there's a list near the top of this forum.

[LATER]

It just occurred to me that these time-limited keys you are talking about might have been for FSUIPC and WideFS, not for the PM applications themselves. Is this so? I'm afraid your message is ambiguous in this regard.

Anyway, if it is so, and you want me to investigate (rather than PM Support?), then try it all again, then close down FS, and Zip up the FSUIPC.LOG and FSUIPC.KEY files you will find in the FS Modules folder. Send the Zip to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time with this.

I wrote to PM support after posting my last reply here, and they supplied me with the Logs which you supplied them but forgot to supply me.

It looks almost certain that either or both of the FSUIPC and WideFS keys you are using are not correct. They test out as counterfeit, which is worrying. Please Zip up your FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me by email (see previous message), but you need not bother about the Log files now.

BTW the Logs do show that you are a little out of date. Current FSUIPC is 3.45 and WideFS is 6.45.

Regards,

Pete

Please Zip up your FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me by email (see previous message), but you need not bother about the Log files now.

Actually, you need not bother with the KEY file now either -- Katy from PM Support has sent me the details, and this has enabled me to locate the problem. Many apologies. I am sending a fixed interim version of FSUIPC to you now. But please replace it with the next official issue when available (probably late February).

I think you would be better off with the current WideFS (6.45) rather than the 6.44 version you are using. Check http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.

Regards,

Pete