The simFlight Network Forums

Directing keystrokes to Teamspeak via Wideclient

Has anyone had any success with this, and if so is there a trick to it.

Basically I run FS9 on my PC1 with WideServer and then on PC2 I run Squawkbox, Activesky, AVC, AIBridge etc. and now I'm also running teamspeak for "domestic" chat between members of a formation team and other things.

What I'm trying to acheive is to use a button on the joystick as a PTT for teamspeak, but despite having succesfully set up the keysend in FSUIPC and added the Keysend line to Wideclient .ini including "pointing" the keypress at Teamspeak it is refusing to work. i'm beginning to think that TS is immune to this sort of treatment?

Any thoughts from anyone?

btw - line in Wideclient is . . . .

KeySend3=112,8,Run3 (to send F1 key to Teamspeak which is my Run3 application)

Thanks

Colin B

P.S. and yes I am running the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS!!

What I'm trying to acheive is to use a button on the joystick as a PTT for teamspeak, but despite having succesfully set up the keysend in FSUIPC and added the Keysend line to Wideclient .ini including "pointing" the keypress at Teamspeak it is refusing to work. i'm beginning to think that TS is immune to this sort of treatment?

No, this was solved recently, by Lee Glover, and the solution is documented explicitly in the WideFS documentation, under the heading "PTT (push to talk) for Roger Wilco, AVC and TeamSpeak"

P.S. and yes I am running the latest versions of FSUIPC and WideFS!!

There again, that word "latest". Folks always say "latest", yet time and time again I then see logs and things relating to months old versions. "Latest" just means "the latest version I saw" or "the latest version I could be bothered to download". Please ALWAYS give version numbers.

Regards,

Pete