The simFlight Network Forums

TeamSpeak function

is it possible to set the "push-to-talk" function through FSUIPC for the TeamSpeak client, that is in use in IVAO on-line flying???

Yes. If you have TeamSpeak on the same PC as FS and FSUIPC, you simply program the appropriate keystroke, as assigned in TeamSpeak. I understand TeamSpeak does not "swallow" the keystroke, so you need to choose something not used by anything else.

If you are using TeamSpeak on a client PC under WideFS, then please check the WideFS documentation. Facilities were added recently to enable this to be implemented.

Regards,

Pete

is it possible to set the "push-to-talk" function through FSUIPC for the TeamSpeak client, that is in use in IVAO on-line flying???

Yes. If you have TeamSpeak on the same PC as FS and FSUIPC, you simply program the appropriate keystroke, as assigned in TeamSpeak. I understand TeamSpeak does not "swallow" the keystroke, so you need to choose something not used by anything else.

If you are using TeamSpeak on a client PC under WideFS, then please check the WideFS documentation. Facilities were added recently to enable this to be implemented.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you very much for your prompt and encouraging reply.

Yes, I use TeamSpeak on the same PC as FS and FSUIPC, but the second part of your explanation about "swallowing" :) is not clear to me. More of that, I'm not thoroughly familiar with the Teamspeak yet, so could you please explaine the procedure in more details.

Thank you in adavnce.

Vladimir

I use TeamSpeak on the same PC as FS and FSUIPC, but the second part of your explanation about "swallowing" :) is not clear to me. More of that, I'm not thoroughly familiar with the Teamspeak yet, so could you please explaine the procedure in more details.

Sorry, I do not have TeamSpeak or know anything about it really. I don't fly on-line at all. The information I have is from another thread here, a few weeks back.

By "not swallowed" I simply mean that the user who helped solve the problem with WideFS (now published in the WideFS documents) said that, although you can assign almost any single key to TeamSpeak for PTT, and that it will capture it with or without FS having "keyboard focus", the keystroke is actually still allowed to pass onto whatever has focus. In other words, the keystroke is not "stopped" (swallowed, consumed, used up, ...) by TeamSpeak.

That is a bit awkward. For instance, if you assign "G" as the key, then every time you press it for PTT you will raise or lower the Gear!

See? Whatever keystroke you choose, be sure to de-assign it from any function in FS.

Regards,

Pete

Ok, now it's clear what you ment. Thank you.

I'm trying to assign the PTT function to the same joystick button, that is used for the same purposes in AVC (and previously was used in RW). No any other FS commands are assigned to this button. So, I'm entering the "Options" sector of Teamspeak (TS), choosing the "Push to talk" option and then trying to select the required button, pressing this button on my joystick. Unfortunately, there is no any reaction from TS. In other words, it seems like TS doen't "see" my joystick. I thought there was a way to settle this problem through FSUIPC. If it is impossible at this time, maybe you could provide the TS "Push-to-talk" option in the future versions of FSUIPC?

Regards,

Vladimir

So, I'm entering the "Options" sector of Teamspeak (TS), choosing the "Push to talk" option and then trying to select the required button, pressing this button on my joystick. Unfortunately, there is no any reaction from TS. In other words, it seems like TS doen't "see" my joystick.

As far as I know TeamSpeak does not look at buttons, only key presses. This is why I was talking about keys and keyboard focus, NOT buttons. You have to select a Key press in TeamSpeak, then, in FSUIPC, you would program your button to send that keypress (see FSUIPC's Buttons tab, left hand side).

Since most keys are already used in FS you'd need to be sure to select one not required then delete any assignment to that same key in FS.

I thought there was a way to settle this problem through FSUIPC. If it is impossible at this time, maybe you could provide the TS "Push-to-talk" option in the future versions of FSUIPC?

As far as I know TeamSpeak only offers the PTT via a keyboard key press, and that is selectable in TeamSpeak, so there is no way I can do it automatically in FSUIPC. It was different with RW and AVC which both provided registered Windows messages for the PTT on and off functions!

Doesn't TeamSpeak come with any documentation at all? You'd think they'd mention how to set their own PTT option in their own documents, wouldn't you. :x How did you get to thinking they supported joystick buttons? None of the others do as far as I know.

Regards,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

there is a nice tool you can use to link any joystick button to any keyboard combination: JoyToKey

it works for Teamspeak...

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joytokey/english.html

ofcourse you first have to read the manual of teamspeak to find out how to change the keyboard PTT key :lol:

Filip

IVAO SDD

You can program Teamspeak to the right ctrl button for the talk function. Then configure the Joy stick's #1 button...( Most have this programed for the brake) to operate the right ctrl button. Then when you pull the trigger ( #1 button) you have the talk function working.

Joe W.