The simFlight Network Forums

Version 3.45 - different behavior on....

... I see that with version 3.45, my trim wheel is running much faster and the effect of switching on "Fix Control Accelleration" does not have an impact anymore?

Yes, it works fine. In fact it should be better in that it now operates with XML gauges too.

You can log things now, in FSUIPC's logging page. Please check it for yourself. Whenever it sees a control which changes it will say that its fixed the acceleration.

I assume you are talking about discrete controls, not axis controls, aren't you? You just say "trim wheel" but you don't say what's controlling it. I''ve never heard of the trim wheel being affected before in any case -- the only reports for over three years have been for things like heading bugs and MCP values.

Regards,

Pete

I use CH yoke and it affected the speed of the elevator trim before. It is on a button which is set to middle accleration in FS control UI. Now with the latest version it does not do that anymore???

Sorry, I still don't know what control you are using. If it is one button, how do you tell it to trim up as opposed to down or vice versa?

Please check the assignment of the button in FS assignments. If it is the standard TRIM UP or TRIM DOWN then I really have made no changes that would affect this adversely. And what do you mean by "middle acceleration in FS control UI"? I don't understand that term.

It is very difficult for me to offer help with no information. You could try using the Event logging in FSUIPC's logging page -- it will send details to the log of every control event passing through FS2004.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry Pete for not being specific enough.

As hardware I use CH product yoke and pedals. The elevator trim is on 2 buttons UP/DOWN.

In FS2004 options-controls-assignments we have a slider on elevator trim with 3 positions to adjust repetitive rate. Left giving single step, middle giving repetitive steps when button is pressed and right increases the repetition further.

I have it on middle and the result on repetition is influenced by the setting on "fix control acceleration" at least in version previous to 2.45. With the FS setting on elevator trim in middle, you normally get a few single steps and then the rate of repetition is increased. Marking "fix control acceleration" in FSUIPC suppressed the accleration of steps and gave a smooth trim movement. That is gone as soon as I use version 2.45.

Hope I could make it clear now.

With the FS setting on elevator trim in middle, you normally get a few single steps and then the rate of repetition is increased. Marking "fix control acceleration" in FSUIPC suppressed the accleration of steps and gave a smooth trim movement. That is gone as soon as I use version 2.45.

Hmmm. It was certainly never meant to affect that at all. The fix control acceleration option ONLY does anything if it sees two successive controls for DIFFERENT things, indicating the one thing is interfering in (causing)the correct acceleration of another. I can't see any way it should ever have affected legitimate (Microsoft intended) acceleration in such simple basic cases. I would have counted that as a bug if I had known, and sought to fix it.

I've now tried it here with FSUIPC 3.44 and 3.45 and I cannot see any difference. The trim button actions accelerate after a while whether using buttons, mice or keyboard, all in exactly the same way here -- with and without the "fix acceleration" option set -- and in all three cases it also matches what FS does with FSUIPC removed altogether.

Mind you, I do not have any of those advanced panels which flood FS with repetitive controls. Are you only noticing this difference with those? What about with default aircraft & panels?

I've looked through the code and see no way the fix control accelerations option should have ever interfered with any legitimate acceleration, except by accident when these panels do their sending-lots-of-controls tricks.

There's a later interim version of FS attached to one of the recent threads here. Let me seeyes, the one entitled re: writing active weather to fsuipc from active sky. Try that. I have made further changes in this area. I can't see how they can affect things, but then I don't see why the difference between 3.44 and 3.45 changes what shouldn't have been happening in the first place (if you see what I mean :wink: ).

Anyway, try it and let me know.

Regards,

Pete