The simFlight Network Forums

AP-3000 GPS head problems with Reality XP Apollo GPS

Peter,

I have a bit of a delema.

I cannot get the GPS head in the Elite AP-3000 to control my Reality XP Apollo GPS software.

The GPS software can be programed thru an .ini file command such as

GL50_pwr=F10. This reqiures an ctrl+shift+W keystroke to turn the GPS software on and off with the keyboard. This works fine.

On the AP-3000 configuration menu, you have a drop down menu and by identifying a button on the unit, you can select a assignment for the button. In this example I choose the on/off button and pick the kneeboard option which is the F10 key assignment in FS2004 v9.1.

This works fine also. But this is only turning on the F10 key and not using the cntl+shift F10 that need to turn on the software GPS.

Is there any way that I might be able to use the FSUIPC program to create the proper communication between these two?

Thanks for your input,

Tom Mihelich

Is there any way that I might be able to use the FSUIPC program to create the proper communication between these two?

FSUIPC features button programming which allows such combinations to be sent to FS when you press a button, yes. If FS is not in its menu system at the time it should work -- FSUIPC isn't able to send keypresses to real Windows-type menus or dialogues.

Try the keyboard. When FS in in flight mode does Shift+Ctrl+F10 do what you want from the keyboard? If so, then it should do the same from a button programmed in FSUIPC.

But, sorry, I cannot guarantee that as I don't know the software you are talking about.

Regards,

Pete