The simFlight Network Forums

Cirrus yoke help

Hi All

I have a Cirrus yoke, Rudders, AV-1 and throttle body (non USB) . I am wanting to use this hardware with FS 2004. Can some one help me with configuring my computer. I can't seem to get the computer to properly see the even just the yoke.

Thanks

I have a Cirrus yoke, Rudders, AV-1 and throttle body (non USB) . I am wanting to use this hardware with FS 2004. Can some one help me with configuring my computer. I can't seem to get the computer to properly see the even just the yoke.

Are they all trying to plug into a single game port? What's an "AV-1"?

First thing to check is connections and cabling.

A standard game port can support 4 axes and 4 buttons (though some products use combinations of the 4 buttons to provide up to 15, provided you only press one at a time). But to get all the devices actually connected there would be Y-cable connections and so on. If those are wrongly configured nothing may work.

Next thing to check is that your game port is actually enabled. Look in the Windows device manager, see if an active game port is listed at all. If not then it may be because it is disabled in your BIOS settings, or because there's no driver installed for it. If the game port is on your sound card you'd need to check your sound card drivers.

Then make sure it is all recognised in Windows' game controllers. For one game port it will look like one device to Windows, so it may need a special driver. If your hardware devices came each with their own drivers and they all connect to one game port, you have a problem because you can only use one of the supplied drivers. You could see if one of the generic drivers provided by Windows works (2-axis joystick plus rudder plus throttle -- I'm ignoring the AV-1 at present because I don't know what it is.

Failing all this I'm out of ideas I'm afraid. Maybe you will find help in a hardware forum, or the general FS2004 Forum. That is if no one else here can help.

Regards,

Pete