The simFlight Network Forums

Reciprocating Engine rpm and prop

Guest dsanford

I can't seem to find Engine RPM or helicopter Rotor RPM for Reciprocating engines in the fsuipc offset list.

Did you try using a simple Search? Searching on "RPM" brings me to offsets like 0896, 0898, 08C8, 0908, 2400, 2408. And that's just for engine 1! Should be enough for any one! :wink:

Please try using search, it saves me the almost impossible task of making an index! :?

Pete

Guest dsanford

Pete, I was referring to the Piston engine Not turbine or jet. I can't seem to get any values from fsuipc when using the Robinson BetaII flight model specifically. I've tried all offsets I can find with any relation to RPM, but nothing helps--I wonder if the Robinson BetaII model in FS could be the problem.

Pete, I was referring to the Piston engine Not turbine or jet. I can't seem to get any values from fsuipc when using the Robinson BetaII flight model specifically. I've tried all offsets I can find with any relation to RPM, but nothing helps--I wonder if the Robinson BetaII model in FS could be the problem.

Aha! Now that you are specific, yes, I can confirm that the RPM data isn't obtained for the Robinson.

It's a weird concoction. It is typed as a piston aircraft, not a helo. This in itself should mean I can get this data from the normal piston aircraft data structures, as for the Cessna, but they aren't there!

I finally tracked them down in another structure, so I will get N1 working for the RPM (with the scaler calculations), and in N2 I'll put the % of 'maximum' (times 16384). This seems to be allowed to go up to 110 % oddly (which would be 18022 in the offset).

I suppose the rotor RPM should be around too, but I can't identify it -- the values seem pretty close all the time (in % max terms) according to the gauge in the Robinson.

Anyway, I've got the engine RPM here and it will be available in FSUIPC 3.47 which I'll release as soon as I've done some more testing and updated the docs. I may make one more pre-release (3.469) before then, so check the Announcements at top.

Strange that this is now the 19th month of FS2004 and this is the first time anyone has missed these values! :wink:

Regards,

Pete

Is it possible to retrieve the Robinson Rotor Clutch Engage/Disengage activity?

I would have no idea how to recognise it if I saw it. Is it one of these:

ROTOR CLUTCH SWITCH POS

ROTOR CLUTCH ACTIVE

and if so, what sort of value is it. BOOLEAN? (i.e. true or false), or some value?

Time is getting tight for me now. I have to freeze FSUIPC by the morning in order to have time to do final testing and documentation. I need to make user releases by the weekend and I've only then got a week before my holidays and I have other stuff to get done!

Regards,

Pete

Guest dsanford

The ROTOR CLUTCH SWITCH POS would be ideal, I don't know if the value would be boolean or a number-- I do know it is either on or off, if I understand your question correctly.

The ROTOR CLUTCH SWITCH POS would be ideal, I don't know if the value would be boolean or a number-- I do know it is either on or off, if I understand your question correctly.

It's boolean then -- it can be represented by a number (1 for on, 0 for off) or just a single bit. I'll look to see where I can fit it. I'll add it before the 3.47 release I plan for the end of the week.

Regards,

Pete