The simFlight Network Forums

visibility issue on FSUIPC > 3.4.10

luca

Hi, i tried searching on this but haven't found much...

Everytime a FSUIPC version > 3.4.10 (unregistered) gets istalled i don't get visibility limitations anymore... SB2.3 (and any SB3 released after 3.4.11 till now) can't set the visibility. Winds, and atmospehric pressure work correctly. Installing FSUIPC version 3.4.10 makes everything work again. Tried even different video drivers...

Any idea what is wrong, or which manual i missed?

Thank you in advance, Luca

Everytime a FSUIPC version > 3.4.10 (unregistered) gets istalled i don't get visibility limitations anymore

Do you mean 3.41?

The difference is in the checking of User Keys. You say "unregistered", but just try removing the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS modules folder. If that fixes it then you have a bad user key in the KEY file. Zip it up and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards

Pete

No registered software had been enabled, except Squawkbox.

Please check it with the current test version (3.469 available in the Announcement, top of the Forum). Before running SB 2.3 (let's deal with one which always worked) enable IPC Write and Weather logging in FSUIPC's Logging page.

Then run SB2.3 until you are sure that the visibility is wrong. Go to the FSUIPC Logging page, click "Stop Logging" and then close down FS. ZIP up the FSUIPC.LOG file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

I'll try as soon as possible. Thank you.

Okay. It may help too if you did the same for a version you believe is working okay, so I can compare. Since there have been no changes at all in any of the weather facilities in FSUIPC since well before version 3.40 and all the other weather setting programs, like ActiveSky and FSMeteo, are working very well, it is a puzzle.

The next release of FSUIPC, 3.47, is going to have to be frozen by tomorrow at latest so I can do final tests and documentation for release by the weekend. Then I only have a week before going on holiday until early April. If Microsoft are planning a new version of FS this year, 3.47 may the the last, or close to the last, version 3.xxx unless there are some really bad problems to fix.

Regards,

Pete

sent the two zipped log files.

Yes, thank you.

Things are becoming a little clearer. This change in 3.410 is probably the cause (quoted from the History document):

* The default lower altitude for the graduated visibility option is now set to zero in FS2004. This is, in fact, the most desirable value in FS2004 as it makes FSUIPC start the graduation from the top of the FS visibility layer, no matter where it is set.

I must admit I forgot this change, a minor adjustment in a user facility.

With an unregistered FSUIPC there is no possibility of the graduated visibility option being switched on, so it is a puzzle. I will conduct some experiments here.

Considering this change occurred last November it is odd no one else has mentioned it. Perhaps all other SB users register FSUIPC? But that seems unlikely.

I will look to see if I can fix it in the 3.47 release I plan for the end of this week.

Thanks!

Pete