The simFlight Network Forums

New user connection problems

Hello,

I see that Pete is away on vacation; but was hoping someone here could help me.

I am having connection problems with Wide FS and all my research thru this forum has not helped me figure this out.

I have my desktop and notebook networked thru a DLink wireless router. I have a registered copy of FSUIPC (ver 3.47) and WideFS (ver 6.47). I have followed all the instructions for setup of WideFS using TCP/IP protocol. Both PCs access the internet fine and I can share files between the 2 via the shared network connection.

But when I run Wide FS - all I can get is the FS program 'Server' says "Waiting for clients" and my Wide client running on the laptop says "Waiting for connection".

My Wide client log states " 1235 Error on client pre-connection select () [Error=10061] Connection refused "

So, if anyone familiar with Wide FS and has had these problems before but found a solution; I would be most apprectiative for your advise.

Blue Skies,

Vince Carlo

I see that Pete is away on vacation; but was hoping someone here could help me.

I've not quite left yet. :wink:

But when I run Wide FS - all I can get is the FS program 'Server' says "Waiting for clients" and my Wide client running on the laptop says "Waiting for connection".

My Wide client log states " 1235 Error on client pre-connection select () [Error=10061] Connection refused "

1235 is just the number of milliseconds since the program started (i.e. 1,235 seconds).

Is that all it says? Doesn't it log the server name or IP address? Did you tell it your Server's name or IP address? What does the Server log say?

All it sounds like is that WideClient doesn't know where it should link to.

The other possibility is that there's a firewall preventing the connection.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for the prompt response :D

I am presently unable to get you the answers as I am currently away from my home network. I can post the logs here in a few hours, in case you are still around. I do think it may be firewall related. I am using XP SP2's firewall and I opened PORT 8002 on my server; but I am not sure if I have it configured properly.

I wish you and the Mrs. a truly refreshing vacation. 8)

Blue Skies,

Vince Carlo

I am using XP SP2's firewall and I opened PORT 8002 on my server; but I am not sure if I have it configured properly.

I disabled XP's firewall. I don't understand any of that stuff. I have a separate router which provides the firewall to the outside world. I don't need nor want any protection between my own PCs! :wink:

I hope someone else here can help, else you could try the FS2004 Forum. Katy Pluta visits there and has always helped me with Network and XP problems.

I wish you and the Mrs. a truly refreshing vacation. 8)

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Pete