The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft specific buttons

First of all Pete, thanks a lot for all the work you're doing here! I've been lurking around here for quite a while and you're doing a great job!

Never had any problems until now, but since version 3.47, there's a slight glitch when using aircraft specific buttons: If a button is assigned globally and specifically to an aircraft, both actions are performed. At least this happens with the functions I'm using, which is almost exclusively panel-id toggling.

Switching back to version 3.45 resolves the problem. So that's what I'm doing for now, as I'm not using the new features of 3.47 yet.

Just surprised nobody else noticed the problem before.

Another thing I noticed was, that when I tried to change the assignment for a button (globally, from within FSUIPC), FSUIPC complained afterwards, that there were multiple assignments for this button. And, editing FSUIPC.ini confirmed this. Maybe those glitches are related?

I attached a zip with FSUIPC.log and FSUIPC.ini, If you need more information, let me know.

FSUIPC.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Never had any problems until now, but since version 3.47, there's a slight glitch when using aircraft specific buttons: If a button is assigned globally and specifically to an aircraft, both actions are performed.

Strange. That was a problem with earlier versions, which was fixed in 3.47.

I'll re-check here with your files. Thanks.

Another thing I noticed was, that when I tried to change the assignment for a button (globally, from within FSUIPC), FSUIPC complained afterwards, that there were multiple assignments for this button. And, editing FSUIPC.ini confirmed this. Maybe those glitches are related?

Maybe. I'll check.

Regards,

Pete

Never had any problems until now, but since version 3.47, there's a slight glitch when using aircraft specific buttons: If a button is assigned globally and specifically to an aircraft, both actions are performed. At least this happens with the functions I'm using, which is almost exclusively panel-id toggling.

The FSUIPC Log you sent was just the default log. At present I can't find anything wrong, so I need a bit more information please.

To debug Button actions, please enable the Button logging in the FSUIPC logging page. Do this first, then operate one or two of the buttons you have problems with. Send me the Zipped up log. I'll assume the FSUIPC.INI is the same as the one you already sent.

Regarding the odd duplication report, I cannot find any reason that may occur either. If it is reproducible could you send me a "Before" INI and an "After" INI plus a note of what you tried to re-program in the dialogue?

So far yours is the only report like this I have received. There have been two complaints the other way -- where I fixed button programming so if one is programmed as Aircraft Specific is will not operate in the general section -- because some folks seem to have taken advantage of that original bug!

Thanks,

Pete

Sorry, haven't been on my computer the last three days!

Thanks for the quick reply!

The FSUIPC Log you sent was just the default log. At present I can't find anything wrong, so I need a bit more information please.

OK, it's i the attached zip. As you can see, both controls are sent (I always pressed the same button) to FS.

Regarding the odd duplication report, I cannot find any reason that may occur either. If it is reproducible could you send me a "Before" INI and an "After" INI plus a note of what you tried to re-program in the dialogue?

They're also in the attachment, but I'm afraid all you can see is that button 3 in the global section is defined twice. I also activated the log for extras, but there's not a lot to be seen either. It's in the zip too (FSUIPC.log.def).

So, what I did, was to change a global definition from a Panel toggle to a keypress (it happened vice versa also).

Hope this helps

FSUIPC.1.zip

Hi Pete,

So far yours is the only report like this I have received. There have been two complaints the other way -- where I fixed button programming so if one is programmed as Aircraft Specific is will not operate in the general section -- because some folks seem to have taken advantage of that original bug!

Well I have the impression that you are pointing at me. Well why I am thinking that the button program is not working? Because some buttons are programmed in the general button section and in a specific airplane button section with toggle commands. Whats happening when you call twice a toggle command? Yes... nothing ;-).

hm

Well I have the impression that you are pointing at me. Well why I am thinking that the button program is not working?

You have only managed to explain your problem sufficiently well for me to understand you differently in your last email. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you before, but your original complaints were actually rather ambiguous and did point to the opposite of what now appears to be the case.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...