The simFlight Network Forums

Desperate need of help for yoke+pedals+throttle connection

Hi Pete,

I promise I will build you a monument if you can find a solution to my problem :D

I have WinXP and FS2004, with registered FSUIPC.

In my computer a SB Live card with one gameport is installed.

I also have the following:

1) Analog two axis-four buttons gameport yoke

2) Thrustmaster Elite Rudder Pedals (analog-gameport) with Y-ending cable

3) Thrustmaster Attack Throttle (gameport)

4) Analog gameport joystick which I once used as a throttle (after fixing the left-right axis).

5) An Y gameport cable

My target is to have yoke+pedals+throttle (either 3) or 4)) work in FS2004.

Now I know that Thrustmaster did not make XP drivers for the Attack Throttle and it's not supposed to work, but is there a way I can make it work, through FSUIPC? (Yoke+pedals connected to the Attack Throttle and Attack Throttle to the computer gameport)

Or, if that be not possible, could I connect yoke+pedals to the Y cable, the throttle 4) to the Y cable and the Y cable to computer gameport and have the system recognize all, with the help of FSUIPC?

Up to now I can get Win XP recognize only yoke+pedals connected to the gameport, but no success with Y cable and throttle.

Thank you very very much for any help!

James

James

In order for FSUIPC to recognize it Windows must first see it

what you need to do is go through the gaming options on your PC and try different default joysticks until you find one the recognizes your hole setup try "2 button yoke with throttle" than place a checkmark in the "enable rudder peddles box"

Or you can even click on "custom" and make your own driver

I am sure you can find something that will work on your pc than run MSFS and FSUIPC should than see it

Hi James,

>> Now I know that Thrustmaster did not make XP drivers for the Attack Throttle and it's not supposed to work, but is there a way I can make it work, through FSUIPC? (Yoke+pedals connected to the Attack Throttle and Attack Throttle to the computer gameport) <<

No. The only drivers for the Attack Throttle were VxDs written for Win95. XP won't load VxDs, and without drivers nothing can talk to the AT. It sent serial data down the button lines, the drivers had to read and decode that in real time, it's not anything FSUIPC would be able to deal with. I am sure about this, I wrote the drivers for the original TM back in '96 and it was difficult then to get them to work given the way the timing was set up. In todays systems where the bus is so much more heavily used, I would be surprised if drivers could be made to work at all even if someone wanted to take the time to do it.

Anyway, not really much help but maybe it will save you some frustration.

Best regards,

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com

Thank you, sirs, for your replies.

Bob, I'll bury my Attack throttle with all honors, I used it very happily but for such a short time... :cry:

I tried with the Win XP game options, it just recognizes either yoke+joystick(throttle) or yoke+pedals. If I check 'enable rudder pedals' I can't use the throttle and viceversa.

Ok, I think I'll use yoke+pedals connected to the gameport.

**Now my fundamental question: if I purchase an USB throttle (such as CH Throttle), will I be able to use at the same time yoke+pedals on gameport and throttle on usb?**

If you give me the certainty I can, I will order the throttle right away...

Thank you again and best regards,

James

Hi James,

>> **Now my fundamental question: if I purchase an USB throttle (such as CH Throttle), will I be able to use at the same time yoke+pedals on gameport and throttle on usb?** <<

It will work fine in Flight Simulator, though it can be a problem with some other sims, especially the older ones, since it will show up as another joystick. Flight Simulator will let you assign to multiple joysticks, but older sims that only recognize "Joystick #1" will either see only the stick or they'll see only the throttle and will ignore the others.

If you do use it in Flight Sim, you'll need to go to the Control Assignments screen in FS and set the assignments as you want them. The throttle handle itself should default to throttle, but the microstick will end up on X and Y and FS will default those to Ailerons and Elevators so you'll need to reassign those. You also probably want to clear the slew settings for the throttle or things can get a little confusing.

Best regards,

- Bob

The StickWorks

http://www.stickworks.com

Thank you very very much, Bob!

I now use FS2004. I was stuck to Win ME+FS2002, since I used 767 PIC and Attack Throttle, but now that LDS 767 has come out, I was forced to move to Win XP+FS2004. You gave me the solution to only replace the throttle, instead of discarding also yoke+pedals.

Thank you again and best regards!

James

• 3 weeks later...