The simFlight Network Forums

PFC.dll and PIC 757 Autopilot

Hi Pete,

I wrote to you some days ago for a PFC.dll hunging trouble at beginning of MSFS. I was testing to use Windows XP and two Matrox Dual head (550 AGP and 450 PCI) with four instruments panel monitor. Now this trouble is resolved with version 1.50.

But I have an other trouble. My hardware system is PFC professional console with electric trim and Avionics. Software is FS 2002 and the last FSUPIC-PFC.dll. Everything is ok with MSFS and Magenta project, but I'm unable to use PIC 757 Autopilot.

I have the last 1.3 Pic patch and the PFC PIC box checked in main option, but no action from autopilot moving avionics knobs.

I can move heading in ND with RIC's HDG, but it desagrees autopilot HDG (that I can move it only with mouse). Before installing 1.3 patch I was able to change mode and range in ND with RIC's OBS, but not after installing.

I read all about PPFC.dll, but I was unable to resolve this little problem. I repeat, it is only a little problem because 737 default panel and Magenta work perfectly with all part of PFC hardware.I can continue to use PIC autopilot with mouse (other part of the same software as radio, nav, flaps, ect work well).

You did a great work as usual.

Thanks,

Giorgio

Everything is ok with MSFS and Magenta project, but I'm unable to use PIC 757 Autopilot.

I've not programmed any support for a PIC757. In fact I didn't even know there was one. Can you clarify? If you check my documentation, and the labelling on thebuttons in the PFC options, it all deals only with the PIC767.

If you really mean the Wilco PIC767, then I would have difficulty now checking this again as I don't have it installed. Ever since the developers were very rude and refused to add programming facilities for external hardware I de-installed the panel altogether. I only re-installed it the once to hack into their 1.3 modifications to provide better A/P control.

I have the last 1.3 Pic patch and the PFC PIC box checked in main option, but no action from autopilot moving avionics knobs.

I can move heading in ND with RIC's HDG, but it desagrees autopilot HDG

Are you saying that the 767PIC has two different heading bugs and that they can sometimes disagree with each other?

Are you running Project Magenta at the same time as 767PIC? If so then PM takes precedence. I cannot control both at the same time. You need to modify 767PIC to allow PM's A/P to take over. Be aware that if you terminated PM's MCP "untidily" (for instance, if it was running on a WideClient and you terminated the client program first) then PFC.DLL will still think the PM A/P is running -- the flags telling it so won't have been cleared.

[Later]

I've re-installed the 767PIC cockpit to re-test, and, provided the APS.DLL is in the Modules folder, and PM is not running, the A/P controls on the PFC equipment work fine. It sounds like you have a bad installation of the 1.3 767PIC. The APS.DLL I am using is dated 20th July 2002 and is Version 1.2.4.0 according to its right-click version info. Try re-installing as I just did.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry Pete PIC 757 is wrong. PIC 767 is right.

Anyway I tried all you suggested, but no change also without PM. APS.DLL I have is the same you report.

It does't matter.

Thanks again,

ciao

Giorgio

Sorry Pete PIC 757 is wrong. PIC 767 is right.

Anyway I tried all you suggested, but no change also without PM. APS.DLL I have is the same you report.

It does't matter.

Well, it does matter really. It's a bit odd -- it works for everyone else I know using this combination. There must be something different in your system -- maybe some corruption in the 767PIC code or in PFC.DLL? The way the facility works is quite simple -- if it finds the correct interface for programmatic control of the 767PIC A/P, it uses it. If it doesn't (as in pre- 1.3 versions) it uses the keyboard assignments. Either way, the dials on the PFC device still do control the A/P. it is just that the 1.3 method is more efficient, smoother, that is all.

Pete