The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.47 & AFCAD 140 for FS 2002

Hello everybody and a nice easter,

for my FS 2002 I only installed the AFCAD 140 proggy to modify or change some facilities. But unfortenately the FSUIPC-file doesn´t work as well as in my FS9 installation (with AFCAD 221 of course).

I always get the information that one or more app are not accredited for use with FSUIPC, further info in the logfile.

There I find the following notes that probably cause the disfunction of

the file:

190445 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

190471 ADVDRV.DLL has been patched for weather and other variables

190471 Everlasting rain/snow fix installed

191369 Aircraft="Cessna Skylane 182R RG Paint5"

207685 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

229854 Client Application: "AFCAD" (Id=-288919859)

229854 E:\PROGRAMME\MICROSOFT GAMES\FS2002\PROGRAMME\AFCAD-PROGRAMM UND -INSTALLER\AFCAD140\AFCAD.EXE

229899 Product=" AFCAD"

229899 Company=" "

230032 Illegal read attempt: offset 320C, size 228

230032Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

282758 ### IPC Message processed in 52731mSecs ###

418582 ### IPC Message processed in 660mSecs ###

427467 System time = 14:34:21, FS2002 time = 14:30:34 (13:30Z)

427467 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

The explanation for these registrations is that after downloading the file for the first time I didn´t know that it only has to be copied to the modules folder in FS. Instead I tried to register in many ways but without success.

Can someone please tell me how I can get an effort and make the file running. I really don´t know how to eliminate the above registrations. I just downloaded the latest FSUIPC Vers. 3.47 but it´s still the same game.

If I copy the file to FS 2002 the logfile looks the same as before.

Thanks in advance for your helpful hands

Erich

229854 Client Application: "AFCAD" (Id=-288919859)

229854 E:\PROGRAMME\MICROSOFT GAMES\FS2002\PROGRAMME\AFCAD-PROGRAMM UND -INSTALLER\AFCAD140\AFCAD.EXE

229899 Product=" AFCAD"

229899 Company=" "

230032 Illegal read attempt: offset 320C, size 228

230032Program or module not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

The problem appears to be that the Product and Company names have been changed. The Freeware keys list above lists these as:

AFCAD.exe

Product: "AFCAD", Company: ""

KEY = MVAT F25Z OMJM

NOTE: AFCAD2 has a built-in key, but should be named AFCAD.EXE not AFCAD2.EXE since the same key has been used.

But from your log the names now two spaces and one space in front of them now, so they won't match.

Regards,

Pete

thanks for your fast answer. Meanwhile I know what I´ve done wrong. But is there any chance to solve the problem for my FS 2002 simulator or is FSUIPC in that case simply no more available for use with AFCAD 140 ?

Is AFCAD 140 the only one working on FS2002? It seems odd that someone would add spaces in those fields.

The easiest way would be to correct the Version Information, removing those spaces. You can do this with "ResHacker", a freeware program. if you can't find it, zip up and send me a copy of the AFCAD 140 exe and I'll try to adapt it here for you. petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

using ResHacker (new for me) I first deleted the spaces in the .exe file, nothing happened. After downloading the AFCAD 140 for a second time to check the files content I found no difference. The new one (.exe) is exactly the same file with the same spaces.

After all I repeated the registration and - don´t ask my why - it works like it should do.

So there´s no need for further modifications of the files.

Thanks a lot and

best regards

Erich