The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC/GoFlight Beginner

I am new to FSUIPC and Go-Flight and I have a few basic questions that I need help with if anyone is willing:

1) How can I tell if I have FSUIPC installed correctly? I think I have, but I want to make sure.

2) Do I need anything else to run the go-flight modules? For instance, I have tried to program go-flight buttons and they seem to work but the go-flight indicator lights do not work/respond.

3) Button and key programming: should I use FSUIPC for all button and key programming or is it ok to have a combination of FSUIPC, go-flight controlled and FS Assigned buttons?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards

BA

1) How can I tell if I have FSUIPC installed correctly? I think I have, but I want to make sure.

Installation is only a matter of putting it in FS's modules folder. If it is there, FS will load it. Check by going to FS's menu, Modules-FSUIPC.

2) Do I need anything else to run the go-flight modules? For instance, I have tried to program go-flight buttons and they seem to work but the go-flight indicator lights do not work/respond.

FSUIPC only provides button and switch programming facilities. It is not a replacement for anything GoFlight provide. However, to complement FSUIPC's button programming I have just recently provided a separate program called "GFdisplay" which can be used to program the displays. See the list of programs above and the Schiratti download page.

3) Button and key programming: should I use FSUIPC for all button and key programming or is it ok to have a combination of FSUIPC, go-flight controlled and FS Assigned buttons?

You can mix them as you like, but bear in mind that if the same buttons are programmed in more than one place, all the actions so programmed will occur.

This isn't the case when programming keypresses in FSUIPC, as these are intercepted and go no further. That cannot be done with buttons.

Regards,

Pete