The simFlight Network Forums

Very strange FSUIPC error report

Hello Gentlemen and Mr. Dowson,

While trying to start the MSFS, I'm getting the warning report that: "Several FSUIPC duplicates are installed. Please remove the older versions...". After that I can neither start the FS, nor close this report window. The only way is to reboot the computer. And when I'm rebooting the computer, I'm getting the report about the error in .DLL files initialization. Furthermore, I've noticed that I can start FS without any problems with FSUIPC exactly three times, on the fourth time I'm getting that report. It's just like the mysticism. :)

I have carefully checked all my MSFS files and, of course, there is only one version of FSUIPC installed. And I can't understand, where the system finds any FSUIPC duplicates. I can't insist, but it seems the problem appeared after I had installed the SB3. I tried to sort out this question on their site, but unfortunately vainly.

My data: FSUIPC version 3.47 fully licensed, FS2004.

Any help would be very much appriciated,

Vladimir

While trying to start the MSFS, I'm getting the warning report that: "Several FSUIPC duplicates are installed. Please remove the older versions...".

This can happen if the previous run of FS has not completely closed down, so FSUIPC is still running in an existing process. There are some problem add-ins which sometimes cause this -- ActiveCamera was one, for example, though I think that's been fixed in the latest version.

What happens is that you close FS and the Window disappears and everything seems okay, but, because one DLL is not terminating, the whole process is still active and running -- probably just that DLL stuck in a loop or deadlocked on some FS or Windows resource.

To check this, after closing FS, use the Task manager and see if the FS9.EXE process is still listed in the Processes list. If so, you make have to terminate it forcibly there before attempting to reload.

You will then need to identify the culprit added DLL by a process of elimination.

And when I'm rebooting the computer, I'm getting the report about the error in .DLL files initialization.

When re-booting Windows? How is Windows having anything to do with FS on start-up? Do you have FS as part of your startup options for Windows?

Furthermore, I've noticed that I can start FS without any problems with FSUIPC exactly three times, on the fourth time I'm getting that report. It's just like the mysticism. :)

Whatever is not terminating is doing this -- presumably there's some relationship between the 4 attempts and whatever resource it is loacking up on.

I can't insist, but it seems the problem appeared after I had installed the SB3. I tried to sort out this question on their site, but unfortunately vainly.

Possibly, then, one of the SB3 DLLs (there are several I understand) is the one hanging and refusing to terminate, once in 4 tries. I don't know if they can work on their own, but it gives you are start to try to find out what is going on. Meanwhile, check the Process list after terminating FS each time.

Regards,

Pete

Thank you very much Mr. Dowson. I'll try that all tonight and will be back with the report.

Quote:

And when I'm rebooting the computer, I'm getting the report about the error in .DLL files initialization.

When re-booting Windows? How is Windows having anything to do with FS on start-up? Do you have FS as part of your startup options for Windows?

When I've got that error report, the only way to close the FS start-up page and error report wondow is to do that forcibly through the Task manager. After that, when I'm rebooting the computer (or just completely switching it off) I'm getting that "initialization" report.

Best regards,

Vladimir

After that, when I'm rebooting the computer (or just completely switching it off) I'm getting that "initialization" report.

Sorry, what "initialisation" report? I don't understand why anything of FS is initialising when you are booting into Windows afresh, unless you have FS booting as part of windows start-up.

You save you get an "initialisation report" when shutting down the PC too? I have no idea how it is possible to persuade Windows to actually load FS when you are closing Windows down. Can you explain how you have set that up?

Regards,

Pete

After that, when I'm rebooting the computer (or just completely switching it off) I'm getting that "initialization" report.

Sorry, what "initialisation" report? I don't understand why anything of FS is initialising when you are booting into Windows afresh, unless you have FS booting as part of windows start-up.

You save you get an "initialisation report" when shutting down the PC too? I have no idea how it is possible to persuade Windows to actually load FS when you are closing Windows down. Can you explain how you have set that up?

Regards,

Pete

OK, pls give me this night to check all that at home and I'll return with answers.

Regards,

Vladimir