The simFlight Network Forums

Combining EPIC with FS2004 and Simkits instruments

Pete

I am converting a Canberra cockpit to a flight simulator using FS2004 and Simkits instruments. The flight controls are linked to 10K pots to provide inputs via a USB joystick. The Simkits instruments work via their CCU.

I would like to control indicator lights on the control panel via an EPIC card whilst FS2004 and your software is running.

Can this be done? Can I write a Visual Basic program which will run in the background when FS2004 is running which will for instance allow me to illuminate an indicator light (via the EPIC card) when it detects a certain switch is pressed?

Regsrds

Martin

I would like to control indicator lights on the control panel via an EPIC card whilst FS2004 and your software is running.

"My software" being only FSUIPC? You know I provide a module called EPICINFO which can send data to EPIC?

Can this be done? Can I write a Visual Basic program which will run in the background when FS2004 is running which will for instance allow me to illuminate an indicator light (via the EPIC card) when it detects a certain switch is pressed?

If you wish, of course you can. You will have to learn how to interface to FSUIPC (the FSUIPC SDK) and also how to program the EPIC, both from the PC and internally in EPL. Alternatively you could take a look at EPICINFO and see if that will do the job for you. I believe there's also a program called FSCommunicator or similar which can handle EPIC.

Regards

Pete