The simFlight Network Forums

My Brakes have stopped working can you help?

Hi, I have lost control of the main brakes when using my sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.

Sometimes they work for the initial press and then nothing after that, I then have to use the keyboard.

I have tried to re-assign the key using the relevant page and also checked the key is physically working in the calibration screen.

It stopped working when I registered FSUIPC that is why I am posting here!!

Thanks for anything you can suggest

Glen

Hi, I have lost control of the main brakes when using my sidewinder force feedback 2 joystick.

It stopped working when I registered FSUIPC that is why I am posting here!!

See this item in the Release Notes (top of the Forum) for FSUIPC version 3.47, released about 5 weeks ago:

12. A bug is fixed that prevented the FS single "Brakes" control being used if Throttle 1 was calibrated in FSUIPC's separate throttles page.

If you are using an out-of-date version of FSUIPC please update it. If you still have a problem then you may have to look elsewhere. Possibly you have another button or axis operating the brakes?

Regards,

Pete

How quick was that reply?!!!!

Thank you, that is the way my joystock is setup. I am just downloading the latest version now.

I did a search for 'brakes not working' but the only answer I found which was obvious from the title page was in Spanish!!!

I have had this problem for about 5 weeks but not been too bothered by it, bit of spare time to try to sort it out.

Many thanks again for your excellent (and speedy) support. top product too.

Glen