The simFlight Network Forums

GF-45 modules not recognised in FSUIPC BUTTONS

Hi pete,

Just purchased your latest version of FSUIPC 3.47 and registered it , primerily to use it for connecting the Go Flight GF-45 to PMDG'S 737 NG products autopilot windows (of IAS ALT V/S HDG and CRS.)

On following instructions in user manual turning the rotary dials on the gf-45 nothing appears in the joy or button windows of the FSUIPC buttons menu.

I have tried the setup with the gf-45 module set with gf config as no divice

(so gf display blank) .. same results.

Also any other key or module presses are also not recognised in FSUIPC buttons menu.

Have I overlooked something?

I would appriciate any help from anyone , as I am looking to start a real 737 ng type rating soon and I am hoping to benift from some 737 sim familurisation before it.

Thanks,

Mark D.

Just purchased your latest version of FSUIPC 3.47 and registered it , primerily to use it for connecting the Go Flight GF-45 to PMDG'S 737 NG products autopilot windows (of IAS ALT V/S HDG and CRS.)

On following instructions in user manual turning the rotary dials on the gf-45 nothing appears in the joy or button windows of the FSUIPC buttons menu.

Only the Buttons page will show anything. There are no joystick axes on a GF45 and FSUIPC doesn't handle GoFlight quadrant axes in any case.

I have tried the setup with the gf-45 module set with gf config as no divice (so gf display blank) .. same results.

Sorry, I don't understand that statement. Can you elaborate? Does the GF45 work with GFconfig at all?

FSUIPC needs to find the GFdev.dll in the place pointed to by the Registry as the folder containing GFconfig. If you correctly installed the most recent version of the GF software (from the GF website) then this should be okay. If you didn't install the software using the GF program then FSUIPC may not be finding that interface DLL. Check the folder containing your GFconfig. Does it include GFdev.dll?

The Registry key which is set by a correctly installed GF driver is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\\GFConfig.exe

So, two things to do:

1) Check the folder containing your GFconfig.exe program. Does it contain "GFdev.dll" as well? If not, then you have a very old GF software installation. Please get an update from the GF site and install it. You should then be good to go.

2) If that folder does contain GFdev.dll, then the most likely thing is that the Registry link to the folder is broken or missing -- maybe you re-installed Windows or recovered your Registry from a time before you installed GF.

In this case, I'd still recommend re-installing as above, but an alternative which may also just work is to copy the GFdev.dll to the Windows or Windows\System or Windows\System32 folders -- one of those should work as I think Windows looks there as well as the specific folder requested.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the prompt reply pete,

You were right about the gf drivers and the missing file, although the gf-45 modules worked fine (just not with 737 ng PMDG) it seems as you correctly sugessted they were working with the old go flight drivers!

I also noticed that go-flight have made available a new gf-keys software to enable simple and more effective key mapping for most of the gf products, which works very well, as I am now able to control all auto pilot functions of the pmdg 737 ( the only drawback is the actual display on the GF-45's not being in synch with the aircraft, but its a small price to pay!)

It may be worth noting that each rotary control of each gf-45 unit can be assigned any two key functions using the new GF-keys drivers, thus allowing even more functions to be utilised.

again many thanks for your prompt help,

regards, Mark D. :lol:

You were right about the gf drivers and the missing file, although the gf-45 modules worked fine (just not with 737 ng PMDG) it seems as you correctly sugessted they were working with the old go flight drivers!

Yes, but also the GF modules in the FS Modules folder don't actually use GFdev.dll -- the latter is a module provided by GF for use by other programs, like my FSUIPC, WideClient and GFdisplay programs.

I also noticed that go-flight have made available a new gf-keys software to enable simple and more effective key mapping for most of the gf products, which works very well, as I am now able to control all auto pilot functions of the pmdg 737

Sounds good.

Regards

Pete