The simFlight Network Forums

AdvDisp and ATC text. When can we expect this?

Every time I undock my atc text box and move it to a secondary monitor for permanent placement , it disdappears to original docked position when reloaded. Can't we get FS2004 ATC text to appear on AdvDisp box. C'mon. :cry: I know you have said in the past that this is a 'diffrent subject', but a man with your talents has surely figure this one out by now. My advdisp screen sits ever so pretty in my Eicas LCD on my sim and boy what I wouldn't do to have ATC appear in that same window. It's frsutrating having to redock and move ATC box everytime.

P.S. Is it possible to use ATC box has a gauge to implement in to a Panel transparentley?

Thank you Peter.

Harry

registered FSUIPC user since 2000

Can't we get FS2004 ATC text to appear on AdvDisp box. C'mon. :cry: I know you have said in the past that this is a 'diffrent subject', but a man with your talents has surely figure this one out by now.

Sorry, I've been too busy with other things to really spend that much time on it. I did dedicate a whole week to it last year, and in nearly 80 hours got nowhere. Maybe I'm getting too old. :cry:

I'm not starting to look any deeper into FS2004 now. I'll maybe look again when FS2006 is out and dealt with. I also don't really like the current built-in ATC very much, preferring to use Radar Contact, so my heart is not in it.

P.S. Is it possible to use ATC box has a gauge to implement in to a Panel transparentley?

Sorry, I don't really understand that part.

Regards,

Pete

Not quite the same topic Pete...but,

I use two monitors, and have the upper panel of my aircraft docked to the second monitor. I want ADVDisplay to be docked to my second monitor over top my upper panel, but it never is able to stay on top. It disapears behind the panel. Is there a way to force ADVDispaly to stay on top. It obviously works 100% on my main monitor however, but I would prefer to dock it elsewhere. Keep in mind, whether I dock it or just drag it to the second monitor and leave it undocked, it still inevitably goes AWOL behind the panel. Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce

I want ADVDisplay to be docked to my second monitor over top my upper panel, but it never is able to stay on top. It disapears behind the panel. Is there a way to force ADVDispaly to stay on top.

I assume that upper panel is undocked, then, a separate window? It sounds like it is constantly re-drawing itself. Have you tried "Locking" AdvDisplay in place instead of docking it. If it makes no difference, which panel part are you docking it too (check the panel.cfg file).

Any help would be appreciated.

I had one devil of a job getting it to work on the main FS window without flickering. I'm not sure that I would be able to come up with a solution, but I'll make a note to look at it. But please try locking it first.

Regards,

Pete

No luck Pete. It can be locked or docked for a second, but once you look left , right etc. away from the main cockpit view, ADVDisplay disapears behind the upper panel. If I never looked away from the main view, I suppose it would stay, but that isn't very fun, is it?! :)

So for now, I just lock/dock it to the main panel. I wish there was some setting to keep that window ON TOP....like in an .ini or .cfg file or something.

Bruce