The simFlight Network Forums

Elite Pro Panel and FSUIPC 3.47 with FS9.1 Problem

Hi,

I just registered FSUIPC and simultaneously updated FS9 to 9.1. Now I am not seeing the Elite Tab anymore and nothing (panel, avionics, rudder) works . I tried reinstalling the Elite driver but it doesn't do any good. I even get the error message once in a while that "either Elite FS needs FSUIPC version 2.9x or later or FSUIPC is not running" even though I see the FSUIPC tab in FS9 and it shows that it is a registered 3.47 version.

I am not sure if it is due to the 9.1 update or something to do with the new versions of FSUIPC and Elite. My version of FS2004 is newly installed with no addon stuff, except the NO CD4 patch version of FS9.exe (which was placed after the 9.1 update)

thanks for any help in advance

FS2004 -Version 9.1 (updated version)

Elite Pro Panel, Rudders, AP-3000 (All Serial)

FSUIPC 3.47 (Registered)

Elite driver (latest version)

I just registered FSUIPC and simultaneously updated FS9 to 9.1. Now I am not seeing the Elite Tab anymore and nothing (panel, avionics, rudder) works .

What's the "Elite" tab? There's nothing in any of my software like that.

I tried reinstalling the Elite driver but it doesn't do any good. I even get the error message once in a while that "either Elite FS needs FSUIPC version 2.9x or later or FSUIPC is not running" even though I see the FSUIPC tab in FS9 and it shows that it is a registered 3.47 version.

Ah, you have a separate "Elite" driver which uses FSUIPC? In that case it sounds like one of two things. Either the driver checks the version number of FSUIPC, and specifically doesn't work with version 3, or your FSUIPC user registration isn't actually valid. To check the latter, try removing the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS Modules folder and see what happens when Elite tries to run then.

In either case, check the FSUIPC Log file (also in the FS Modules folder) to see if there's anything relevant recorded there. In fact, close FS after getting one of those "Elite FS needs FSUIPC version 2.9x or ..." messages and show me the entire FSUIPC Log file.

I am not sure if it is due to the 9.1 update or something to do with the new versions of FSUIPC and Elite. My version of FS2004 is newly installed with no addon stuff, except the NO CD4 patch version of FS9.exe (which was placed after the 9.1 update)

Are you saying that, before this, you only used your Elite driver with FS2002? If so, it sounds very likely that you need an update from them to work with FS2004. Have you contacted their support at all?

Let me know what you find.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the help.

Elite is a manufacturer of controls and software for flight simulation. They have their own FS but also write this program so that their controls can be used with Mircosoft's FS.

I took your advice and removed the FSUIPC.Key file and ran FS. This time the Elite tab returned but my cotrols wouldn't work still obviously, since FSUIPC now showed an unregistered program.

And I don't believe it's due to FS9.1 Update either, since I noticed the same behavior in FS2002, so it must have something to do with FSUIPC (and Elite). This version of Elite is the latest and it is supposed to work with the 3.47 version of FSUIPC according to their readme file.

thanks again.

I took your advice and removed the FSUIPC.Key file and ran FS. This time the Elite tab returned but my cotrols wouldn't work still obviously, since FSUIPC now showed an unregistered program.

Okay. That usually is an indication that something is wrong with your registration key. Can you zip up the FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com and I'll check it. If you include the details you received from SimMarket when they notified it to you it will make it quicker for me to work it out.

And I don't believe it's due to FS9.1 Update either, since I noticed the same behavior in FS2002, so it must have something to do with FSUIPC

It is still sounding like a bad user key for FSUIPC. You did get it from SimMarket, didn't you? If not, where please?

Regards,

Pete

I actually bought the FS2004 from somebody else and he gave me a CD with the other software on it, including the FSUIPC. With it was the reg info. I don't know where he got it from. I assume he registered it himself ?!?

Sounds fishy to me. But I can't tell unless you send me the file.

Pete

well, if you are sure that it's his key that is no good, then I guess I'll reregister it myself. But I don't feel comfortable giving his info without his permission.

Okay. That's probably the correct legal way to do it in any case. I don't think these keys are intended to be transferable -- you'd need to check SimMarket's conditions to be sure.

Regards,

Pete