The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC visbility tab

Dear Peter, 1st of all I wish to thank you for a wonderful module. I have been using your FSUIPC for years and have enjoyed it very much.

Now , Try as I might, I can not seem to understand the relationship between the general limits and extensions vis on the left side of the window and the graduated visbility on the right side. I have read your instuctions but I am still unclear on the use of both the functions. That said, I am respectfully requesting a short class on the issue and how you would set up the page for best general over all use.

I D/L FS2004 WX for my flights with no other programs.

V/r,

Jack

That said, I am respectfully requesting a short class on the issue and how you would set up the page for best general over all use.

I really cannot explain it any clearer than I have in the manual, else I would have done so there. Sorry. I can answer specific questions but otherwise I'd only be repeating what is there. It has rarely confused any one else. What specifically is the problem?

As for "best" that is completely a matter of personal taste. For the values themselves my own taste is reflected in the defaults, that's why they are defaulted. All you need to do is enable them.

I D/L FS2004 WX for my flights with no other programs.

Just enable the smoothing and graduation and leave the values as they are -- unless you fly light GA aircraft in which case you may wish to lower the upper graduation altitude to something a little below your normal cruise level.

The visibility limits were mainly designed to give higher frame rates in FS2000/FS2002 in cloudy conditions, without losing realism. In FS2004 reduced visibility doesn't seem to have any real beneficial impact on performance, so whether you want to set any is completely your choice.

Regards

Pete